1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd gen dash parts in common with other Yotas?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Smudgey, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Sep 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    Smudgey

Smudgey [OP] Trying to save the manuals

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma RC Manual
    Window Tint, Plastidipped grille, TonnoPro folding metal tonneau cover, marble shift knob, black frame headlights, fog lights with custom switch, OE cruise control
    Hey guys,

I am going to head to a salvage yard tomorrow to try and score an intermittent wiper stalk, cruise control stalk, and new grille for my Tacoma. I was wondering there was a confirmed list of Toyota/Lexus vehicles that use identical stalks to the Tacoma?
    I know that the Tundra and certain years of Lexus ES are compatible, and the cruise stalk looks identical in my friend's 09 Corolla, but I am not sure if attaches in the same way.

Thanks

2. Sep 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    The cruise control stock part # is 84632-08021 and a full list of compatible vehicle can be found here http://www.toyotapartszone.com/Page_Product/PartsFits.aspx?partNumber=84632-08021

As for the install, because you have a RC Manual I believe this isn't as plug 'n play as you're wheel is missing the wiring, clutch switch and harness for the stock. Did you already open up your steering column to check the harness is there or read the following:
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61-2nd-generation-2005/171992-diy-oem-cruise-control.html
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/184026-2011-cruise-install-success.html

3. Sep 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    Smudgey

Smudgey [OP] Trying to save the manuals

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma RC Manual
    Window Tint, Plastidipped grille, TonnoPro folding metal tonneau cover, marble shift knob, black frame headlights, fog lights with custom switch, OE cruise control
    I know it is missing the clutch switch, but from what I have read elsewhere on this site that all American made Tacomas before mid 08 were pre-wired. I will have to take my wheel apart and see what is there. Thanks for the list.

Products Discussed in

To Top