1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 tailgate lock

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Truck Chick, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Sep 30, 2013 at 5:35 AM
    Truck Chick

Truck Chick [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    California
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tacoma
    Hey guys! So I just traded my 08 taco for a 13, and did have a pop n lock on my old tailgate (loved it!) I am probably won't have time to install another one with the camera-which seems a little more complicated, before I leave on a trip. Is there anything I can do for a temporary fix? Zip ties, hose clamps? Found the tread on here for the second option, but wondering what option would be best. Also has anyone installed the lock with camera-any tips?! Thanks

2. Sep 30, 2013 at 5:41 AM
    TxFireman

TxFireman Factory Pilot

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC-SB TRD-OR, tow package, entune/nav
  3. Sep 30, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    TxFireman

TxFireman Factory Pilot

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC-SB TRD-OR, tow package, entune/nav
    If time isn't in your favor, I would at least do the hose clamp. To make the clamp harder to take off, have someone hold the gate at about 45 degrees, and then install it and tighten it from under the truck reaching up between the bumper and body of the truck. When the gate is opened or closed it makes the adjustment nut harder to get to. I tried it first from under, with the gate open, but it leaves it easy to get to when the gate is closed.

4. Oct 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    Truck Chick

Truck Chick [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    California
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tacoma
    thanks guys!

5. Oct 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    sr5vic

sr5vic Buy & Hodl

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    '13 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    295/70/17 Geolander G003 M/T's, 17" Work S1HC's, 1" Bora Wheel Spacers, King 2.5 EXT Coilovers, King 2.5 Tundra Rears, Total Chaos UCA's, Total Chaos LCA's, BruteForce Fab Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, OME Dakar CS047R Leaf Springs w/ D29XL AAL, 'OCTACO' Custom SS Brake Lines, Extended R.Diff Breather, RDI Aluminum Skid Plates, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Yellow Fog Lights, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Clear Front Spot Lights & Rear Work Lights TRD PRO Grill, TRD PRO Headlights, US Offroad Winch Mount, SmittyBilt X2O 10k Winch, RotoPax 2Gal. Fuel & Water Canisters , VIAIR Constant Duty OBA System, Custom Bussmann RTMR Panel, Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners, StopTech Slotted Rotors, TRD Brake Pads, Off-Grid Engineering Dual Battery System w/ Blue Sea 7622 ML-ACR 500 Relay, Dometic CFX40 w/ slide
    Temp fix while away: take it off and store it. :p

6. Oct 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    TacoAg09

TacoAg09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    '13 PreRunner Limited
    Not really gonna help you tonight, but if you don't mind spending the extra cash, the remote pop n lock is awesome. Works flawlessly, quick install, and I never forget to lock/un-lock... Plus I love how clean it is without a key hole.

Decent install vid:
    http://youtu.be/xK0Cu6KBEfM

Products Discussed in

To Top