Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does anyone actually like chrome?

View Poll Results: Chrome or painted?
Chrome! 108 26.28%
Paint! 303 73.72%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #81
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Don't mind it on grill and rear bumper but that is enough. I hate the chrome pkgs. on the bigger trucks.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #82
2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
omg!

Now this on the other hand:

I could drive this around and feel ok!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #84
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Personally, i can deal with a chrome bumper and grill alot better than a poser hood scoop.
skewp bro skewp
Old 10-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #87
bueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura about

bueller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
Chrome won't get you home.
Invest your money in other useful items

Chromes for motorcycles.
Not anymore. Building custom motorcycles is what I do for a living and a lot of customers that bring their bikes in for a rebuild want all the chrome gone even to the point of not having one chrome or polished piece on the entire bike and that includes the engine and all components that go to it.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #88
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
Not anymore. Building custom motorcycles is what I do for a living and a lot of customers that bring their bikes in for a rebuild want all the chrome gone even to the point of not having one chrome or polished piece on the entire bike and that includes the engine and all components that go to it.
i'd like a all matte black bike please
Old 10-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #89
anderss2 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: O-5
anderss2's Tacoma Gallery
just a little chrome is ok but anything ever 10% is to much.

no
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone actually like chrome?-imag0665.jpg  
Old 10-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #91
Running For Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
I like chrome on my truck, in moderation. I've seen guys n gals go chrome crazy on their rides, and looks bad in my opinion. I had no chrome on my truck, and no color match because it was a base model, then I added the limited chrome wheels, and I think they make the look complete.

And the most recent
that soft topper looks stupid. let me help you out by taking it off your hands LOL. i keed i haz same truck
Old 10-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #92
VinnyMack has a spectacular aura aboutVinnyMack has a spectacular aura aboutVinnyMack has a spectacular aura about

Navy: MM3 / USS Belleau Wood & USS Essex (97'-01')
Name: Casey
VinnyMack's Tacoma Gallery
I don't hate chrome but with my color it had to go man...I looked like I was driving an old man's truck.

My truck went from retirement luxury to rugged/sporty overnight.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #93
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Not so much....chrome less!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #94
ErocksTaco has a spectacular aura aboutErocksTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Eric
ErocksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Only place I don't mind a little chrome
Old 10-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #95
13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed
13Greysled's Tacoma Gallery
Only option on the sr5 i don't like. Its liveable, but color matched or black would look better imo.. Just waiting untill i can go aftermarket.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #97
bueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura about

bueller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'd like a all matte black bike please
How about a matte white and black? I can't imagine keeping this thing clean but it's what the customer wanted. We finished this one last month and shipped it home to Italy.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone actually like chrome?-white-bike.jpg  
Old 10-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #98
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that soft topper looks stupid. let me help you out by taking it off your hands LOL. i keed i haz same truck

Nice truck. Took me a while to find some one close enough and at a good price for the SofTop. Now I'm working on finding a roof rack, Ivan Stewart rims, snorkel, front and rear bumpers, and on and on and on, Jesus, it never ends, I'm a Tacomaholic, I have a problem that has control over me, I though I could stop, but I can't, I simply can't. I've even past my addiction on to a family member. Dammit, oh well, better than being addicted to heroine.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #99
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Can't say I am a chrome fan but my TRD OR came with it and just don't want to spend any $$ or energy to change it.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #100
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
That's about where I'm at, too.

The grill will likely get changed out sooner or later, but the rear bumper will likely stay until I get rear-ended. Then they'll pay for an aftermarket.