Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does anyone actually like chrome?

View Poll Results: Chrome or painted?
Chrome! 108 26.28%
Paint! 303 73.72%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #101
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
that soft topper looks stupid. let me help you out by taking it off your hands LOL. i keed i haz same truck

Nice truck. Took me a while to find some one close enough and at a good price for the SofTop. Now I'm working on finding a roof rack, Ivan Stewart rims, snorkel, front and rear bumpers, and on and on and on, Jesus, it never ends, I'm a Tacomaholic, I have a problem that has control over me, I though I could stop, but I can't, I simply can't. I've even past my addiction on to a family member. Dammit, oh well, better than being addicted to heroine.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #102
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Can't say I am a chrome fan but my TRD OR came with it and just don't want to spend any $$ or energy to change it.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #103
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
That's about where I'm at, too.

The grill will likely get changed out sooner or later, but the rear bumper will likely stay until I get rear-ended. Then they'll pay for an aftermarket.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #104
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
Chrome won't get you home.
Invest your money in other useful items

Chromes for motorcycles.
I have invested my money in other useful things
Therefore, many of my factory chrome parts are still chrome, cause I didn't invest all the time and money to remove and spray them

I also got home a lot quicker that way too
Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #105
Better not bring your kids
Cykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shedCykososhull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cav Scout, Heavy Equip Op
Name: Charles
Cykososhull's Tacoma Gallery
I like my chrome-looking Toyota decals on my black paint. It gives a good contrast. I'm not a fan of (enter your color of choice here)-ing out the whole truck. On the other hand, I'd rather have black wheels vs chrome just because they are easier to keep clean.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #106
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome is totally disgusting. I think someone should swap out their rear chrome bumper for a painted one and I'm here to help.

I will take a perfect condition 2005+ and give you some cash. Help me keep my 2010 OR ugly and you can improve the looks of yours.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #107
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I like the few chrome accents that come on the SR5 and TRD Off Road. The Limited Edition has way too much chrome though. I definitely wouldn't add any more.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #108
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just gonna leave this here...
Old 10-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #109
LOCO 4X4
lemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Ryan
lemons's Tacoma Gallery
I can't stand chrome, that's just me so I got some rustoleum black bed liner and some sand paper and did my grill and badges. The chrome rear bumper will be getting replaced as soon as I get the time to put on my new ATO high clearance bumper.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #110
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
I only like chrome on a dark-colored truck. For lighter trucks I like black.
The sucky thing about chrome wheels is they show brake dust very easily, which I absolutely hate
Old 10-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #111
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of chrome myself. I've learned to tolerate it on he Tundra. Do miss everything being color matched when I had my Taco. Some of the full size trucks have decent looking chrome wheels I don't mind as far as stock wheels go. Other than that though, I'm more than happy not having any chrome.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #112
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
I like the few chrome accents that come on the SR5 and TRD Off Road. The Limited Edition has way too much chrome though. I definitely wouldn't add any more.
X2. I saw a new limited edition Tacoma a couple days ago and it was fugly as sin. Even worse in real life than in photos. It looked like an illegal immigrant bought it and cleaned out a whole Pep Boys worth of stick-on chromed plastic doodads.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #113
TBlack is on a distinguished road

Name: Taylor
TBlack's Tacoma Gallery
I hate chrome

I actually prefer my pre-runner over other models simply because it comes with the black front/rear bumper and fender flares. Painted my wheels first, then painted my emblems. I have since debadged all of my emblems. Love the look way more. Even painted my license plate covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone actually like chrome?-img_2069.jpg   Does anyone actually like chrome?-img_2067.jpg  
Old 10-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #114
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBlack View Post
I actually prefer my pre-runner over other models simply because it comes with the black front/rear bumper and fender flares. Painted my wheels first, then painted my emblems. I have since debadged all of my emblems. Love the look way more. Even painted my license plate covers.
That has nothing to do with it being a pre-runner. That's because it's a base model. Pre-runner SR5 and TRD models don't come that way.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #115
TBlack is on a distinguished road

Name: Taylor
TBlack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
That has nothing to do with it being a pre-runner. That's because it's a base model. Pre-runner SR5 and TRD models don't come that way.
Sorry, I'm a newb. I just love my truck.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #116
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
I stumbled onto this guy web searching roof racks and I must say, he is the ultimate "chrominator", down to chrome eyelids. Check out his build:

http://www.icwhen.com/tacomanut/
Old 10-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #117
Charlie14 is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
Charlie14's Tacoma Gallery
I used to be a chrome addict but as I have gotten older I am less and less a fan.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #118
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
I dipped everything on my truck that is chrome. Now that it's winter time I have black steely rims. No chrome for the winter, just the OEM rims in the summer.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #120
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Chicks do