Notices

Does anyone actually like chrome?

View Poll Results: Chrome or painted?
Chrome! 108 26.28%
Paint! 303 73.72%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #141
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by killianeric View Post
I only like it on a Black GMC Sierra but only some. This looks great to me, minus the steps.

I'd drive the out of that, chrome steps in all...
Old 10-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #142
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Damn right, in all the right places. For your listening and viewing pleasure.

http://youtu.be/EmAAaXI8riY
killianeric I only like it on a Black GMC Sierra

Ban for obscenity
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #143
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the chrome front bumper on the 2002 TRD Off Road I previously owned to the current painted front bumper, but mostly because it was an actual steel bumper, not a painted plastic faux bumper (cover).
Old 10-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #144
stumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stumblestacks's Tacoma Gallery
I flat blacked the chrome on my grill and front bumper, I just like the look with my color (dark green). I didn't bother blacking out the side mirrors or door handles. I have my front bumper up for grabs if somebody wants a stock 1st gen front bumper with the chrome blacked out. I do have a pet peeve with extra chrome. Chrome Nerf bars have got to be the silliest aftermarket addition to a tacoma out there, next to chrome fender flares. Might as well throw on some indiglo under lighting and a big windshield decal that says "calliente". To each his own. My rig gets beat up, so flat black rattle can touch ups look better than pitted, scratched chrome. I keep my winch fairlead sprayed with dry film graphite powder lube, it has a nice gunmetal black/silver look, snow and mud don't stick to it, and I just respray it when it gets worn off after a pull. I will concede that the stock chrome grills look good with some of the brighter factory colors on the later gens, especially the bright blue. It's all personal preference. My truck lives on the dark, dirty, dented and scratched side of the tracks, so chrome just looks out of place.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #145
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome is an interesting material. I didn't like the chrome on the Accord...until I saw a silver one. The silver and chrome mixed is nice and blends well. On a dark color, don't really like it.

I grudgingly accept chrome because of it's protective properties being much superior to paint, such as for the steel bumper on my 1st Gen. Chrome in good condition will never rust.

But if the parts aren't metal that need protecting, color-matching is preferable.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #146
bjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to beholdbjasper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brian
bjasper's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome in moderate amounts is cool, but head to toe is for big rigs.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:27 PM   #147
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
I only care about performance, not appearance. The truck came with chrome, chrome it will stay.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #148
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
My opinion is that some chrome looks good , I've had a blacked out front end and now put on a chrome grille and I think it breaks up all the black , not a fan of the autozone chrome junk though
Old 10-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #149
1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed1 Bored Clerk is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1 Bored Clerk's Tacoma Gallery
I like the chrome grill surround and rear bumper on my '13 TRD OR. Don't like chrome wheels at all...same with side mirrors. No thanks. I like the contrast that a little bit of chrome brings. I especially like it on white trucks. White, chrome (just a little), and black (mirrors, tires, door handles) look awesome together. Debadged and color matched gets more boring to me every year.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #150
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
All chrome must die. I got a sport grill to match, plastidiped my badges, and I bedlined my bumper.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #152
Kevinztaco has a spectacular aura aboutKevinztaco has a spectacular aura about
Kevinztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm more of a chromewhore since I don't dig dirts.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #153
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
NO

maybe on the bumpers of a 55 chevy.. other than that.. NO.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #154
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgnsa View Post
No :/ Color matched or black.... Except for the emblems on the door and tailgate. Thats the only chrome on my truck.
Why does your sig pic show chrome grille surround? New photo needed?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #155
Mmmmm, bacon
OffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffsetPlayer2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OffsetPlayer2's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome is ok with me as long as it's not too crazy. I wasn't sure about my chrome grill at first, but have come to like it. Sorry for the bad pic, took it looking through my upstairs window.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone actually like chrome?-chrome-grill.jpg  
Old 11-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #156
Rokon is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
Rokon's Tacoma Gallery
Color matched makes the trucks look like a shoe box to me but everyone likes different things and should get what looks good to them.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #157
DUCKSURF is on a distinguished road
Name: JOE
DUCKSURF's Tacoma Gallery
I hit the jackpot. Guy loved my chrome grill and we both had the same color trucks. I traded my chrome grill for a color matched, my chrome bumper for his color matched and his scoped hood for my non scoop. My truck looks way better IMO.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #159
Kilo Kilo is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Kyle
Kilo Kilo's Tacoma Gallery
I see enough chrome on the firetrucks at work. Should have the color-matched grille done tomorrow. Then just gotta derp the bumper and I'll be chrome free.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #160
just dig it
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome is for the Bro lean