View Poll Results: Chrome or painted?
Chrome! 108 26.28%
Paint! 303 73.72%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
Question Does anyone actually like chrome?

My TRD Off Road came with the usual chrome grill and rear bumper. However, I (like most others I see) much prefer colour matched parts.

If you had the choice, how many people here would still pick chrome, all other options being equal?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Not a chrome fan. Still prefer either flat black, or black plastic depending on the item of course.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
The way my truck CURRENTLY is, I would rather have my chrome front bumper because it matches and doesn't dull my truck. After I get black wheels, my search will being for color match.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
I honestly don't mind the chrome grill. I don't see why people hate it so much. Everything runs together and you get lost with too much color matching. To me it's kinda like wearing dinem shoes with dinem jeans. Just too much. The chrome has a good contrast to set off the front of a stock truck.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Chrome won't get you home.
Invest your money in other useful items

Chromes for motorcycles.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just don't go crazy and get Crome covers for handles and crap. Then you are just tacky
Old 10-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post

Chromes for motorcycles.
I love this saying, chrome will get you home a lot faster than many other things. Many more people on here have the "black look" on their trucks here and dont even off road, they "drive mostly on the street" so take what you want form it.

I don't mind chrome as long as its tasteful and not just the "chrome -> " attitude.

But its your truck...do what makes you happy and dont care what others think.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
beatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud ofbeatupford has much to be proud of
Name: Robert
beatupford's Tacoma Gallery
It's my browser of choice.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I like chrome wheels , that's about it
Old 10-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #12

Quote:

Chromes for motorcycles.
That's the dumbest saying. Neither will paint. Any means of transportation will do. Heck walk if you have to!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
My chrome wheels always get me home.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #14
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
I got chrome wheels cause my truck is white. Any other color I would have gotten black. Some white trucks can pull off the black wheels but I figured with keeping my chrome it'd all level out and I'm happy with it. Even though most people don't like it. But I don't really care lol
Old 10-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
That's the dumbest saying. Neither will paint. Any means of transportation will do. Heck walk if you have to!
If you have a &100.00 to spend buy some recovery gear, that will get you home
$100.00 of shiny crap won't do anything to help you, except maybe shine so the SAR can spot you.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Id take chrome over colour match but black is my first option. I don't mind the grill or the rear bumper (the latter is equals liking chrome or black) I don't like chrome wheels or any other accent pieces really, but all colour matched does get a bit monotonous.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #17
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
If it don't go.... chrome it
Old 10-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #18
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mind a little chrome. Like the look of the front of my truck.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #19

Quote:
If you have a &100.00 to spend buy some recovery gear, that will get you home
$100.00 of shiny crap won't do anything to help you, except maybe shine so the SAR can spot you.
I agree, but op is talking about appearance and his grill and rear bumper, not recovery.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #20
2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed2012tacolover is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome was nice on older cars, 50's 60's & 70's, new cars are just not as suited for it in my book. That's mt 2 cents.