1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacos pre-wired?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MacDougl, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Oct 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    MacDougl

MacDougl [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Greenville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '10 Access Cab 4x4
    Window visors, fog light mod, bed storage locker locks, aftermarket stereo, lighted 4x4 switch, lighted console
    I recently bought a 2010 access cab, no speakers in the back doors. Looks like wiring is run into the doors (there is a rubber protective cover that feels like there is wiring in it). My question is, are Tacos pre-wired from the factory for add ons? Speakers and GPS antenna. Have not had time to look yet, just curious if anyone has any info on it.

2. Oct 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    sr5vic

sr5vic Buy & Hodl

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    '13 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    295/70/17 Geolander G003 M/T's, 17" Work S1HC's, 1" Bora Wheel Spacers, King 2.5 EXT Coilovers, King 2.5 Tundra Rears, Total Chaos UCA's, Total Chaos LCA's, BruteForce Fab Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, OME Dakar CS047R Leaf Springs w/ D29XL AAL, 'OCTACO' Custom SS Brake Lines, Extended R.Diff Breather, RDI Aluminum Skid Plates, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Yellow Fog Lights, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Clear Front Spot Lights & Rear Work Lights TRD PRO Grill, TRD PRO Headlights, US Offroad Winch Mount, SmittyBilt X2O 10k Winch, RotoPax 2Gal. Fuel & Water Canisters , VIAIR Constant Duty OBA System, Custom Bussmann RTMR Panel, Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners, StopTech Slotted Rotors, TRD Brake Pads, Off-Grid Engineering Dual Battery System w/ Blue Sea 7622 ML-ACR 500 Relay, Dometic CFX40 w/ slide
    I believe you have rear speakers in the headliner. Gps antenna isn't pre wired.

3. Oct 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    MacDougl

MacDougl [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Greenville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '10 Access Cab 4x4
    Window visors, fog light mod, bed storage locker locks, aftermarket stereo, lighted 4x4 switch, lighted console
    Yup. Little speakers in the overhead. Sound crappy. Don't think there is any hope for them.
    Thanks.

4. Oct 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    We have found Tacoma's on this board may not have the option, but they do have the wiring. So take a look and see if you got the wiring. Even if there is no wiring you can add speakers if you wished.

5. Oct 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    My 2008 acces cab sr5 4cyl 5spd 4x4 had rear door speakers...

so i was suprised to find my 2013 access cab trd offroad v6 6spd 4x4 does not.. not only does it not have rear door speakers, it has no spots on the pannel for them...

and worse yet they tried to make up for it with that little squeek box in the headliner that doesnt even have a grill..

I never expected my 2013 to have a worse radio than my 2008.. but here we are, if you find out about the rear wires id like to know. but i doubt i will be that lucky since i dont even have the places for speakers anymore

6. Oct 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    Its possible to replace the headliner speakers with aftermarket ones. There are other guys here on TW that have done it. But I think you'll get better sound by disconnecting the headliner speakers and putting aftermarket ones in the access doors. As far as I know, there should already be a place to mount them in the doors and the wiring should be there as well. Again, other guys have done this and reported the access doors were pre-wired and had a place to mount the speakers. The only problem is the interior panel on the doors doesn't have a hole for the sound to go through, so you'll have to cut a hole (see pictures below). And finally, here's a thread where some guys were talking about it. Good luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top