1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody seen this before????

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ray, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Oct 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    This is why every tacoma should be immacuately undercoated from the factory.

2. Oct 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    savedone

savedone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerald
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TRD off-road 6speed manual
    3 inch lift by dealer at purchase
    Actually I have done that. Remember the engines were a lot different back then. Also many things back then were different. You did what the custumer asked for. The customer's wishes were respected, unlike today. I once put 16 inch inner tubes into four 15 inch new tires at the customers request.

There are many other stories, but we respected the customers wishes regardless of the outcome. Some of those old timers had strange ways and we respected their wishes. I had one customer who we referred to as "top-em off," behind his back of course. He would drive to the station and tell us to top it off, his gas tank, and then drive home, and then back to the station to top it off again. I don't think I ever put more then .30 cents into his tank, but that was his way so we respected his wishes.
    I had another that had us change the air in his tires twice a year. We just gave them the service they asked for since they were paying the bill.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  3. Oct 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    savedone

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerald
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Actually it was the people who were different. Respect for one another. Their wishes were respected by all the business community even if their ways seemed strange. It was about respect.

4. Oct 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    I don't understand why people don't oil or fluid film their frames. I'm in socal but spray mine. Not a spot of rust anywhere.

5. Oct 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    Realistically, if it's designed and built correctly, you shouldn't have to. My parents have an '85 Dodge W250 for a farm truck, that has lived its entire life in Maine. LOTS of salt on the roads around here. They've never undercoated it once, and the frame is still rock solid. Hell, even the galvanized body panels are still solid as can be (and since it's an 80's Dodge they haven't had any paint on them in probably 15 years).
    On the other hand, my '93 Grand Cherokee, 94 Cherokee, '94 Nissan Hardbody, '96 Hardbody, 96 Cherokee, '99 Frontier, and '99 Tacoma ALL have developed frame cancer, despite being undercoated regularly the entire time I owned them.
    And my '99 was originally from Arizona...

6. Oct 11, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill

Dude I'm sorry but are you on the same planet as us?? You got some strange ass stories..w/ strange customers....no disrespect to you just sayin

7. Oct 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    Nfurtado77

Nfurtado77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey surgie what aal do you have a like your lift height. Are those tires 265/70/17.

8. Oct 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    I think its an upkeep issue. When I lived in oklahoma and they were salting the roads I would wash my undercarage once a week. Yeah it sucks to do the in cold weather but its worth it. I didnt coat it but didnt have any rust issues. Frames arnt made like they used to be, they have to be maintained whereever it is. I use the cheap motorcycle chain lube from walmart on my frame. That shit doesn't come off without a solvent.

@ Nufurtado I have the tsb pack with a tsb aal from toytec. Rides real nice and can hold a lot

9. Oct 12, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    savedone

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerald
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Like I said things have changed a lot in the last 50 years. Not everyone comes for professional advice. Some just want things done the way they say and we respected that. What is being called respect today is actually a form of dictatorial rule which wants to tell the other feller what is best for them. People who want to rule others. We are seeing this from our government today as well as individuals. We simply respected the customers wishes as it was his money and his vehicle and yes I know that seems strange today.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  10. Oct 12, 2013 at 4:20 AM
    savedone

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerald
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Yes I know that those seem strange, but I assure you there are the same strange people today, and if you interact with them on a personal bases like we did back then you see and hear a lot of different things.

Products Discussed in

To Top