Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2014 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Package Doesn't Come With Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror?

Old 10-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
msqr is on a distinguished road
msqr's Tacoma Gallery
2014 Tacoma TRD Sport Package Doesn't Come With Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror?

Hi folks,

I bought a 2014 Tacoma Double Cab Short Box with the TRD Sport package a few weeks ago. I noticed the brochure says the TRD Sport package comes with an auto dimming rear-view mirror, but mine did not. I checked the spec sheet for my actual truck and it doesn't list an auto dimming mirror. What gives? Is there a difference between the "TRD Sport Extra Value Package" which I have and the regular "TRD Sport" package?

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for an answer so I can fill the knowledge bank
Old 10-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #3
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
Your title says "Off Road", your post says "Sport".

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

However, my 2114 Off Road did not come with an auto dimming mirror, either.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 Off Road TRD/4WD and it has the auto dimming mirror.

msqr: if you have a scoop on your hood, it is NOT an Off Road.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
msqr is on a distinguished road
msqr's Tacoma Gallery
Fixed the title. I meant sport. I checked the 2014 brochure and all packages SR5, TRD Off Road, TRD Sport mention an auto dimming mirror.

In any case thanks DK2006yota for the link, seems like they dropped this for 2014 but left it on the brochure...
Old 11-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
driverdan63 is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
driverdan63's Tacoma Gallery
No auto-dimming mirror here either.

I bought my TRD Sport 3 weeks ago and, to my dismay, no auto-dimming mirror. I wrote a letter to Toyota 2 weeks ago but no response as yet. They did change their e-brochure within a few days after getting the letter. My next step will be a formal complaint to the Ohio Attorney General. I believed the brochure and want that mirror. Two years of free service is also shown in the brochure but not on the window sticker. In my opinion, that shows the brochure was part of the contract!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Huge thread on this already. Check it out.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ng-mirror.html
Old 11-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
dilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud of

Marines: VMA-223
dilligaff82's Tacoma Gallery
My 2013 TRD Sport came with the auto dimming mirror. Still haven't had time to make it to the dealer to pick up the 2014 TRD Off Road but I'll comment on here again when I find out what it has.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
2014 trd sport has auto dimming mirror, but where the hell is the temperature? The older Trds have a temp display...where is it now? The direction is on the rear view mirror.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #10
In checking various parts suppliers, the auto-dimming mirror can come with any combination of; no extra features, outside temp., compass and Homelink (garage door opener). The brochure I was given, which was also online until changed, showed outside temp. and compass in addition to the auto-dimming mirror for the SR5, Off-Road and Sport Packages. The brochure has now been changed to show all of those features in the Limited Package only.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #11
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
2014 trd sport has auto dimming mirror, but where the hell is the temperature? The older Trds have a temp display...where is it now? The direction is on the rear view mirror.

The 2014 TRD Sport does not have the auto dimming mirror, the mirror is only supplied in the most basic form, no features at all, unless you get the Limited...
Old 11-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #12
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes it does have auto dimming mirror. But looks like no temp display.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes it does have auto dimming mirror. But looks like no temp display.
I have a 2014 TRD Sport, and I have been in numerous similar vehicles while shopping for mine in the last 2 months. None of the 2014s have an auto dimming mirror except the Limited. The 2013s did, the 2014s don't.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #14
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post
I have a 2014 TRD Sport, and I have been in numerous similar vehicles while shopping for mine in the last 2 months. None of the 2014s have an auto dimming mirror except the Limited. The 2013s did, the 2014s don't.
This.

Brochure from Toyota shows only the Limited with autodim mirror.
http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/ebrochure/

Must have been an oversight on the first batch of hard copy brochures sent to the dealers.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #15
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdan63 View Post
I bought my TRD Sport 3 weeks ago and, to my dismay, no auto-dimming mirror. I wrote a letter to Toyota 2 weeks ago but no response as yet. They did change their e-brochure within a few days after getting the letter. My next step will be a formal complaint to the Ohio Attorney General. I believed the brochure and want that mirror. Two years of free service is also shown in the brochure but not on the window sticker. In my opinion, that shows the brochure was part of the contract!
Attorney General??? Really? Over a mirror?

I understand your disappointment but wow. I wish a auto dimming mirror was all I had to worry about.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #16
I am the one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post
My 2014 trd sport has it..

Do you has an outside temp display?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #17
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My 2014 trd sport has it..

Do you has an outside temp display?
Then maybe Canada has options that the US does not. The mirror in the US spec 2014s is the 1980s hi-lux version of the mirror with the little lever on the bottom. No electronic features at all...unless you have the Limited edition.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #18
I am the one who knocks

It's a sport. With type b dimming mirrors. 3 garage door openers on the mirror, a power button to turn off the dimmin, and a button to turn off the direction.

Do you have temp display anywhere? Can't be in the mirror if you don't have a fancy mirror
Old 11-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #19
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a sport. With type b dimming mirrors. 3 garage door openers on the mirror, a power button to turn off the dimmin, and a button to turn off the direction.

Do you have temp display anywhere? Can't be in the mirror if you don't have a fancy mirror
There is no temp display on any of the 2014 US spec Tacoma mirrors, even the Limited does not have it. They currently have the HD radio weather and that is it. The sensor is behind the grill but is not providing the temp to any readable source, that I can find.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #20
I just hate the feeling of being scammed! I've bought many new cars and I'm used to sales people saying whatever it takes to make a sale but I've never seen a manufacturer issue incorrect collateral sales material. It's a first for me! I know the brochure has a disclaimer clause but does that clause excuse the manufacturer from taking reasonable steps to stop circulation or at least to issue an addendum showing the correct features? Appears Toyota did neither and since they haven't bothered to respond to my letter, that makes me mad! I don't know if filing a formal complaint will accomplish anything but it will give me a chance to "vent". I'm retired so I have the time.