1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fold-a-cover discount for members?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mobilemech, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Oct 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM
    Mobilemech

Mobilemech [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    TACOMA!!! Washington
    Vehicle:
    '13 SSM PreRunner TRDSport AC
    I have seen a few times in my lurking that quite a few places offer discounts to forum member. I am about to pull the trigger on the Fold-a-cover G4 Elite and was wondering if there was a discount code for them at all?

Really appreciate any help in advance and really love some of the feedback I have seen from members on here!

2. Nov 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    froh

froh Beachin' Storm Trooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wilmington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Storm Trooper
    Avid Light Bar and Hitch Step, Fold-a-cover G4 Tonneau, Weathertech mats, No-Drill Front Plate, Flyzeye Interior lights, Matt Gecko's LED Bed Lights with Remote, Rear Window Security Bar, Pop & Lock, Android Auto, LED Bar, Relentless Fab Tailgate Reinforcement
  3. Nov 3, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    Mobilemech

Mobilemech [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    TACOMA!!! Washington
    Vehicle:
    '13 SSM PreRunner TRDSport AC
    I found that thread at the last minute but thank you! I got it and it has been on for a little more than a week now. If you do get it and weather proofing is a big issue for you I would opt for the tailgate weather strip they sell. I supplemented it with a 1"x1/4" foam rubber weather seal from lowes (or whatever home store you like) and it has made it 98% weather tight. If I made a few adjustments on one of the rails and used some silicone caulk down the inside of the rails it would be 100%. So far I have no regrets. Install took 2-3 hours I would say but I didn't have anyone to help me. I'll ad some pictures here in an hour or so to show anyone the weather seal modifications I made.

All-in-all I would give it a 9 out of 10. The security of it matched with the electric pop&lock tailgate lock is great! I love that you can access the front of the bed up by the cab, and I like that it uses the bed rails but leaves them available to you still.

I have seen where some people complain that they cant fold the cover all the way up to access the last 25% of the bed but if someone just keeps a 7/16 wrench with them they could take the cover off in less than 5 minutes. It has got to be the only caveat I have with it but I am willing to trade 5minutes of my time a few times a year for the security and the convenience of being able to fold back the front/cab side panel to use it as a trunk space.

a1.jpg
    a2.jpg
    a3.jpg
    a4.jpg
    a5.jpg
    a6.jpg
    a7.jpg
    a8.jpg
    a9.jpg
    a10.jpg
    a11.jpg
    a12.jpg
    a13.jpg
    a14.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  4. Nov 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    PGHquinn

PGHquinn Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    McMurray, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011DBLcab
    LED bed light strips Smittybuilt step bars Avid offroad light bar Grillcraft mesh grill Fold a cover g4 bed cover Pro Comp 7063 Bilstein 5100's front @ 1.75" Bilstein 5100 rear Toytec progressive AAL
    Thanks for the $25 guys! Just bought my G4 11/27/13, used tacomaworld25 and it still works.

5. Jul 13, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    froh

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wilmington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Storm Trooper
    Avid Light Bar and Hitch Step, Fold-a-cover G4 Tonneau, Weathertech mats, No-Drill Front Plate, Flyzeye Interior lights, Matt Gecko's LED Bed Lights with Remote, Rear Window Security Bar, Pop & Lock, Android Auto, LED Bar, Relentless Fab Tailgate Reinforcement
    For anyone looking, the 2014 code is TacomaWorld14FAC.

6 months later, I love my G4 Elite. I just wish the FAC Caddy would fit in our Tacos. The cheesy fold-a-cover sticker is easy to remove.

6. Jul 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    wgreenlee1021

wgreenlee1021 Off the Meds Again...

Member:
    Is this cover water tight?
    Anyone?
    I know most covers have to have routed drains.

7. Jul 13, 2014 at 6:19 PM
    froh

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wilmington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Storm Trooper
    Wgreenlee: I haven't had any water yet. It comes with weatherstripping to help with slim gaps in the front and back of the tonneau. I highly recommend the G4.

8. Jul 13, 2014 at 7:13 PM
    wgreenlee1021

wgreenlee1021 Off the Meds Again...

Member:
    Thank you.

9. Oct 29, 2014 at 10:53 PM
    djmixerx

djmixerx Active Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '11 V6 Prerunner
    Looking for some.
    thanks for the code!

10. Oct 30, 2014 at 7:05 AM
    PGHquinn

PGHquinn Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    McMurray, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011DBLcab
    LED bed light strips Smittybuilt step bars Avid offroad light bar Grillcraft mesh grill Fold a cover g4 bed cover Pro Comp 7063 Bilstein 5100's front @ 1.75" Bilstein 5100 rear Toytec progressive AAL
    My G4 is 98% water tight with out doing anything but what they send for the install. Absolutely love it.

Products Discussed in

To Top