Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A-Trac?

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #21
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
zombie thread revival again...
At least they are searching!

Fink

Old 11-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #22
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Another ATRAC thread, lol.
I am waiting for the low brow bashers to show up.
Let me put it this way, ATRAC is the ONLY thing I miss on my new, non Toyota truck. It is really the only feature that sets the Tacoma apart from other pickups.
But the best thing I ever did was switch to an F150, but that's another story, as that truck has a variation of TRAC that is always on, and a real LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
This is one of the threads I first came to after getting my third Tacoma in Dec. 2009. The statements above about the owner's manual being useless (as well as the salesmen) is right on, and that is why I read, tested, then posted so much on this.

For newbies, to clear up an otherwise excellent post by bmkshort in 2009:
TRAC in 4WD HI and AUTO LSD in 2WD both use brakes without any engine regulation.
TRAC in 2WD uses both brakes and engine regulation.

Toyota's use of the name 'TRAC' for two different sets of operations is confusing.

A-TRAC (Active TRACtion control) is a whole different 'animal' above what TRAC in H4 does... That is why ISTHATAHEMI and others (and me since) have called it being closer to 'lockers' on the front and rear than 'limited slip'.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #23
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
^..

like to troll much?

Old 11-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #24
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatahemi View Post
Another ATRAC thread, lol.
I am waiting for the low brow bashers to show up.
Let me put it this way, ATRAC is the ONLY thing I miss on my new, non Toyota truck. It is really the only feature that sets the Tacoma apart from other pickups.
But the best thing I ever did was switch to an F150, but that's another story, as that truck has a variation of TRAC that is always on, and a real LSD.
Congrats on the F150!

Now, go check the value on that Ford after 10,000mi. Then check the value of a Tacoma of the same year, with 10,000mi and let us know how the depreciation compares.

Fink

Old 11-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #25
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I paid $32k OTD for the F150, $41k for the Tacoma.
Calculated depreciation dollar amount is actually less.
And I don't have to drive a charicature of a real truck.
Better ride, way better mileage, luxurious, better at towing, better cruise control, shall I go on?
Who gives a rats rear about depreciation when the Tacoma stinks!
And I wasn't trolling, someone revived an old thread I had an Email notification for...
Up here in Canada where Tacos are way overpriced, the 2nd gens are depreciating quite badly, btw.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #26
Banned
And in case anyone can't read, I was complementing the Taco for having an industry leading technology.
It just so happens the rest of the truck is way out of date.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #27
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^..

you should ask a moderator to delete your replies as it has nothing to do with this topic. i suggest to start a new topic in the right place

Old 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #28
Banned
Or delete the replies that put if off topic....

Old 11-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #29
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting , Tacomas don't seem to be depreciating " quite badly " out here .

Old 11-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #30
Power Top

Quote:
Or delete the replies that put if off topic....
That's what I just said...WOW

Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #31
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I paid $32k OTD for the F150, $41k for the Tacoma.
Calculated depreciation dollar amount is actually less.
And I don't have to drive a charicature of a real truck.
Better ride, way better mileage, luxurious, better at towing, better cruise control, shall I go on?
Who gives a rats rear about depreciation when the Tacoma stinks!
And I wasn't trolling
, someone revived an old thread I had an Email notification for...
Up here in Canada where Tacos are way overpriced, the 2nd gens are depreciating quite badly, btw.
wut

you post that on "TacomaWorld"

angry mob incoming

Old 11-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #33
Banned
Okay. What part, other than the stink, comment was untrue?

Old 11-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #34
Banned
FWIW - I forfeited a $4000 deposit on my lease to get rid of the thing.
But alas, I have unsubscribed. Enjoy your outdated clunkers!

Old 11-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #35
Power Top

suffering from Lentsh syndrome LOL

Old 11-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #37
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FWIW - I forfeited a $4000 deposit on my lease to get rid of the thing.
But alas, I have unsubscribed. Enjoy your outdated clunkers!
Go join a Ford forum , you can take your tampon-a-thon to them .

Old 11-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #38
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
LOL... stop feeding the troll

Old 11-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #39
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
His truck must have broken down that is why he is stuck at home being a troll.

live via

Closed Thread