1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any idea what this noise could be? Vibration @ 2100-2500 rpm in every gear

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Lespaulkid01, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Oct 21, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    Lespaulkid01

Lespaulkid01 [OP] I prefer the term "beer researcher".

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    MoCo, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double Cab TRD Sport, Pyrite Mica
    tool chest, vent visors, tuffy bed box, scangauge, Bilstein 5100's, OME 885x springs, Wheeler's HD AAL, LED map, dome, and reverse lights, Bestop Supertop.
    Does anyone have any idea what this noise could be? You can hear it from about 3-9 seconds on the video. It sounds almost exactly like my computer does when it is trying to load a large file. Maybe plastic on plastic vibrations? I cant feel it at all, and can only hear it from about 2100-2500 rpm in every gear but only during acceleration. Sounds like it is coming from the drivers side engine bay/behind the dash someplace.. I took a quick look around and cant see anything loose. Took out the little change drawer thing on the left side under the fog lights button and that was ruled out. It just started making that noise on Saturday so I don't think it's a "nature of the beast" noise. :mad:

It's slowly driving me insane. I can easily drown it out with music, but before I do that I want to make sure its nothing that needs to be taken care of. lol

2. Oct 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    Eternal24k

Eternal24k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 V6 4x4
    i posted a question wit the same thing, mine does it at 1,700-2,000 rpms, mine is more of a buzz or humm noise, I tried to video tape it with no luck

Products Discussed in

To Top