Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Baja Price

Old 10-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #21
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
You're putting $0 down on a $34k truck, are financing the taxes, tags, etc? Are you sure that's a smart financial decision? That's a heck of a lot to finance.

And IMO, $34k for a Tacoma that's not even a Double Cab is ridiculous, but maybe I'm in the minority.
Agreed. That is a lot for an access cab. Remember to make offers, there is no reason to pay MSRP.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #22
Ole Shawn is on a distinguished road

Ole Shawn's Tacoma Gallery
MSRP is $36,000. Im leaning towards the TRD offroad or sport. Going tommrow to see what they can offer me on an offroad. More I think about it the more im buying a sticker. Thanks for all the imput guys!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #23
josh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjosh0351 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Federal Law Enforcement
Name: Josh
josh0351's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Shawn View Post
MSRP is $36,000. Im leaning towards the TRD offroad or sport. Going tommrow to see what they can offer me on an offroad.
Go OR, and get a Costco membership if you're not in a rush and order what you want. I wanted "the tits Taco" too six or eight months ago and was thinking about the Baja. But after lots of research decided on the TRD Off Road and will just build my dream beast. Baja is a VERY nice ride, but do you want cookie-cutter, or your own, unique truck (aka you build it)? That was the deciding factor for me, and I'm extremely happy with my OR.

I got my 2013 4x4 TRD Off Road Double-Cab, Gray, Manual with TRD short throw shifter, TRD Cat-Back exhaust, wheel locks, bug deflector, black nerf bars, etc. etc. for a little over $32K out the door and well under MSRP with the Costco discount.

Good luck and let us know what you decide - pictures are a must!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #24
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
MSRP is $36,000. Im leaning towards the TRD offroad or sport. Going tommrow to see what they can offer me on an offroad. More I think about it the more im buying a sticker. Thanks for all the imput guys!
The Baja does have some pretty nice, beefy shocks. The front suspension is quite a bit better. The rear only slight better because it has the same crappy leafs. So, it's quite a bit more than just a sticker but if it's $2,000 more than the Off-Road, it's not worth it....unless it has other upgrades.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #25
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
$34k is too much considering no tow package and the stickers are about $300. I did not want stickers but only ones I found without were in KC and had no tow pkg.. I paid $34 with tow.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #26
Tacomamba is on a distinguished road
Tacomamba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also been looking at this one but having talked to them yet. MSRP is 33500

Don't do it. Checkout the pic of my baja ...fully loaded with step bars and also sub woofer an denture and trd cat back exhaust and 4'door for 35,000. It was prized at 40,000 and maybe 1000 down.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
The Baja does have some pretty nice, beefy shocks. The front suspension is quite a bit better. The rear only slight better because it has the same crappy leafs. So, it's quite a bit more than just a sticker but if it's $2,000 more than the Off-Road, it's not worth it....unless it has other upgrades.
Yeah it should have the cat back exhaust. Mine had the roof rack and step bars included with sub woofer. The combination on the Baja may differ for aI think if Toyota had included the supercharger on the Baja. This would have differentiate that model a little better
Old 10-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #28
Ole Shawn is on a distinguished road

Ole Shawn's Tacoma Gallery
I test drove this truck the cat back disapointed me, it had some rumble but not much. I put a catback on my chevy zr2 a few years ago, it was dual and sounded awesome. Im pretty shure now im getting a OR and putting my own Flowmaster catback on it thats dual. Unlike this one. Two inch lift isnt enough, bead lock is fake. Im not paying 2 grand for the name baja. You guys really helped. As you can see its not dual cat-back.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #29
Gonzo66 is on a distinguished road
Name: G
Gonzo66's Tacoma Gallery
Smile to high priced

I bought my 2013 Trd sport for 24,000... sticker was 32,000 but its a 13 and with some quick talking and bullshit ..they dropped 8,ooo....I was very happy with it
Old 10-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #30
Life is a one way trip,enjoy it.
dimduk is on a distinguished road

Name: patrick
dimduk's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 34 for mine and am very happy with it. If you want to mod then I would go with a cheaper model. I like the suspension and how the truck handles, the only thing I would change is the motor. 236 hp from a 4.0 is pretty weak,especially considering the fuel economy it gets.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo66 View Post
I bought my 2013 Trd sport for 24,000... sticker was 32,000 but its a 13 and with some quick talking and bullshit ..they dropped 8,ooo....I was very happy with it

For the most part everyone will end up at different pricing Baja or not. It all depends on how bad you want the truck and how bad they want to get it off their lot. I have also seen Baja.s that do not have step bars or roof racks and or woofers. Mine has all of this and I don,t have to tear my truck up to add mods. Baja maybe for you or not. It just depends. Remember we do not drive rub icons. Everyone mods their truck up to a rubicon. We have a high speed dirt racer capable of doing rubicon stuff off factory line. You heard me.....

I have the baja and I love it. I am not the type to do all the mods and change my factory ride. I hate having alignment issues when I swap out wheels. Fake bead lock or not. It works for me cause it is factory and a type of wheel. When I go off reading the rim of the wheel is protected by what you all refer to as fake. Last off reading my wheels where dug in ground but protected buy the what you all call fake bead locks. Why do I need real ones for daily driving. I wish I can convert them like the raptor. But it is what it is.

As for the cat back exhaust I know most people like loud. For me....my bike is what stays loud...as for my truck ....just loud enough. I do not want to hear
My exhaust while playing music and also if I want to hear it. I shut off my music. With the subwoofer and great audio. Everything is leveled out

I am never been on a pro Toyota forum where you all hate on factory build. You should be proud we have a solid factory build.

Don't buy it if you don't want to. I also don't hate on it. Had the 2012 and the ride is night and day. I want to drive the Baja all the time now as opposed to before I wanted to park my truck all the time to save gas.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #32
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
The large decals came stock on all the 2012's. Some come with it and some don't on the 2013's.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #33
My 2013 came with sticker. I love ticker because,I went off roading and caught some branches. The sticker protected my paint.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #34
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Unless you need a new vehicle right this week or something I would wait. November is right around the corner which means year end sales will be right around the corner.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #35
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry but I call BS on this.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #36
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
Sorry but I call BS on this.
Big time BS lol. People always trying to impress people they don't know...
Old 10-23-2013, 01:59 AM   #37
Solo707 is a jewel in the roughSolo707 is a jewel in the roughSolo707 is a jewel in the roughSolo707 is a jewel in the rough

Law Enforcement:
Solo707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
24k for a brand new 2013 TRD sport? That's some quick talking BS all right. I'm calling shenanigans!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #38
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I just gave the salesman a subway and the truck was mine (if only)
Old 10-23-2013, 03:43 AM   #39
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I just noticed that the truck is an access cab. Knock off another grand. Take 10% off window sticker and you have a good price.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #40
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CFYQ9QEwAw

Appears your dealer removed the bigger portion of it.
from what i have seen all 2013 access cab baja's came with the small sticker.

2012's and 2013 double cab got the flashy one