Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota Baja Price

Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 AM   #41
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31b and 29e
Name: Landry
Konvict KROG's Tacoma Gallery
I would wait for year end sales, buy an offroad model with the biggest price cut you can get. i would guess 27-28k with the end of year close-out but i could be looney

Then buy the trd baja suspension $1550 and throw it on.

unless you really like the rims, then go for it. $34k is not a bad deal, but like someone else mentioned i would try to get an additional 1k off since its an access cab.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:05 AM   #42
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan to mod the truck listen to this advice..

Buy an SR5..
Old 10-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #43
Konvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonvict KROG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ if you plan to mod it extensively

i dont see why the offroad package (locker & A-trac) aren't worth getting if you don't plan to change gears etc.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:23 AM   #44
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
I dont want to insult you but i cant help but think if your rolling into a dealership and looking at a $34,000 truck and you are planning on financing the TT&L with the price of the truck that tells me that you probaly cant afford this truck and that a $500+ payment is gonna be tough. I may be totally wrong but i would at least be throwing down a couple of grand on it.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #45
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 2012 in August '12 and went with the SR5 (Access Cab because it suits me better than the DC). I was looking to keep the payment to about $500 a month and 60 months max. The only think I wish it had is the e-locker rear axle.

Buy what YOU want, but try to go for a 48 or 60 month loan max and a payment you know you can afford. Problem with the longer term loans is you can be two years into them and STILL owe more than trade-in value which sucks if you change your mind and now want a different vehicle.

I know you want new, but make sure you can live with the payment, and do try to put a decent down payment (say 10%).

The thing about buying mods to your truck is you can do them when you can afford it, not have it be a bigger payment and/or an additional year of payments.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #46
Tacomamba is on a distinguished road
Tacomamba's Tacoma Gallery
The is whyiwent? Baja. it is affordable the mods on it from factory satisfactry for off-road needs
Old 10-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #47
Ole Shawn is on a distinguished road

Ole Shawn's Tacoma Gallery
does all TRD's have the Subwoofer?
Old 10-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Shawn View Post
does all TRD's have the Subwoofer?
NO definitely not.

my 2013 speakers are worse than my 2008 sr5 4cyl (it had rear door speakers) the 2013 has some annoying little squawk boxes in the ceiling
Old 10-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #49
Ole Shawn is on a distinguished road

Ole Shawn's Tacoma Gallery
what package do you have to get to get the subwoofer?
Old 10-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #50

Quote:
Im not 100 % but I believe just the JBL package. that and the Xrunners had a sub but its different
Old 10-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #51
Quote:
I think it depends for the baja. Mine came with jbl and sub. Including steps and roof rack. Most Baha'is I have seen don't have all the combination.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #52
Island Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Island Cruiser's Tacoma Gallery
I think only the Double Cabs can have JBL.

Some have the large decal.
Some have JBL.
Some have roof racks.
Some have step bars.
Some have all weather flooring (again, I only think Double Cabs).

Many combinations.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #53
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
"I bought my 2013 Trd sport for 24,000... sticker was 32,000 but its a 13 and with some quick talking and bullshit ..they dropped 8,ooo....I was very happy with it "

Uh, lets see the paperwork on this, even if it was a repo with fixed damage, no way...

Pic of paperwork or it didn't happen...
Old 10-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #54
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one for sale right here on TW. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...12-tx-pro.html
Old 10-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #55
beondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of light

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
I dig the 84'-85' Regal T Type in from of the truck from the pic above!

Hijack over.

I've been I my 08' X-runner for almost 6 years now and I too long for something new. I'll hold on to it for a while longer while waiting for the hopefully not too big disappointment of the new model Taco in a year and a half.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #56
Are there any other Baja,s located in NM
Old 10-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #57
Hailstate!
chart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force:
Name: Cody
chart92's Tacoma Gallery
OP,

I would just go in there and tell them exactly what you want. They can get it the way you want it. My buddy just had it done for his 2013.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #58
Click is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Click's Tacoma Gallery
My 2 cents

I don't think that's way out of line in regards to cost... But man... Not much room in an access cab... I think the sticker on my OR DC was 32k, don't remember what out dr was but less than sticker... I'm planning a $700-800 ome lift+ labor & align.. Might as well say 1k... There are some bells and whistles I'll b missing.... But off rd wise I should b compatible to Baja...
Old 11-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #59
Yep
Old 11-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #60
floodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant futurefloodedkiwi has a brilliant future

Name: Ken
floodedkiwi's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 2013 Baja. Black on Black. Like the truck overall. The suspension woks like a champ for hauling a bed full of 3/4 gravel. The disappointment for me was a $34k truck out the door and no heated mirrors. So I have been slowly but surely mod'ing to get the little things. Electric tailgate lock, Fiber-Max bed cover. Front skid plate, Muthco heated mirrors with indicators and soon a BAMF light bar with and 20" LED light bar. The lack of illuminated switches in the cab was also a surprise and when I looked through the forums, this has been a question for years. Like I said, I like the truck overall and I plan to keep this for 10 years, so will love it by then