Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anybody here of solid axle swap for 09

Old 03-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
FUN4YOU is on a distinguished road

FUN4YOU's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Anybody here of solid axle swap for 09

Was wondering if anybody herd off solid axle swap. Just thinking out side the box, But I guess it would be a bitch to get inspected but would look great and work well. To bad they stop the solid axle in 85.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...ing-beast.html
Old 03-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think a couple of people have done them
Old 03-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
snowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of light

snowmansgarage's Tacoma Gallery
just search SAC or SAS and you'll find your answer...
Old 03-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #5

FUN4YOU's Tacoma Gallery
The beast was a great build

Ya just checked out the beast great build those guys did a great job. I am looking for a daily driver sas swap also. would like a solid axle with 33s not to tall but great for weekend wheeling,camping,and still be able to pull the boat. Go to work and come home and do it all over again. I am saving my pennies but in tell I have enough She will stay stock.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
snowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of light

snowmansgarage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN4YOU View Post
Ya just checked out the beast great build those guys did a great job. I am looking for a daily driver sas swap also. would like a solid axle with 33s not to tall but great for weekend wheeling,camping,and still be able to pull the boat. Go to work and come home and do it all over again. I am saving my pennies but in tell I have enough She will stay stock.
I would recommend building up your IFS first. You can be quite capable, learn your rig and have fun doing it. A SAC is pretty spendy to do right. If you were to leaf it, you're still looking at 6-8k in parts, and that is on the cheap side. Just look up the cost of a nicely built diamond and you'll see.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #7
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
There was one done for SEMA that looked completely stock and retro 80's Toyota Truck.

Article.

Pics.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #8

FUN4YOU's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Old school toy

Ya that truck they had at sema was great. I would trade my truck today if they came out on the lot. hahaha had some great times in a 82 toy with 4inch lift and 33s. The new lifts are okay I had a 05 with the 3 inch lift and was all over the road but I didnt change the upper control arm. When I got it alliegned they said they got it as close as possible. But reading on Tw I see by replacing the upper a arm you can get it pretty straight. Dose anybody make a kit with new uca and coil overs that dose not cost alot under 1000.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN4YOU View Post
Ya that truck they had at sema was great. I would trade my truck today if they came out on the lot. hahaha had some great times in a 82 toy with 4inch lift and 33s. The new lifts are okay I had a 05 with the 3 inch lift and was all over the road but I didnt change the upper control arm. When I got it alliegned they said they got it as close as possible. But reading on Tw I see by replacing the upper a arm you can get it pretty straight. Dose anybody make a kit with new uca and coil overs that dose not cost alot under 1000.
u could get the billy CO's from toytec and then the ball joint camburg uca's for like 1100-1200 i think
Old 03-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
Marazzito will become famous soon enough

Marazzito's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marazzito Send a message via Yahoo to Marazzito
I would try All Pro Off Road, I know they make one for the FJ... Marlin Crawler may be another place to try. Nothing is listed on their websites, but give them a call.

http://www.allprooffroad.com/
http://marlincrawler.com/
Old 08-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #11
09toyota is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Emergency Physician, Travis AFB
Name: Pat
09toyota's Tacoma Gallery
I need to decide weather to do this or not(SAS). '09 Tacoma TRD 4x4, stock.
Riding around town, it rides like a Bemer. Off road, disappointed. No clearance. All the little traction devices are nice, but one two foot pot hole or a two foot high unavoidable rock and I'm backing down the trail 1/2 mile to find a turn around spot.
I've ridden a '75 Toy Landcrusier Black Diamond 4 point radial arm super flexy suspension with all the engine mods, 35's, air lockers, ect.
It's become a bit of a rough ride for my wife( and me too, in our later 50's) but I miss the adventure. The '09 Tacoma is comfortable, gets to the trail head w/o wind clapping your face.
If I could, just get a basic cost break down for a Dana 45 approx strength SAS with all the trimmings E-lock, disks( if old ones can't be used) leaf spring and minimal body lift to fit 33" tires, stearing components, ? Drive shaft, install (and qualified shop in SW Oregon). It dosent need to be the beast, but at least some thing close to what I'm used too. Thanks for any input.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #12
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09toyota View Post
I need to decide weather to do this or not(SAS). '09 Tacoma TRD 4x4, stock.
Riding around town, it rides like a Bemer. Off road, disappointed. No clearance. All the little traction devices are nice, but one two foot pot hole or a two foot high unavoidable rock and I'm backing down the trail 1/2 mile to find a turn around spot.
I've ridden a '75 Toy Landcrusier Black Diamond 4 point radial arm super flexy suspension with all the engine mods, 35's, air lockers, ect.
It's become a bit of a rough ride for my wife( and me too, in our later 50's) but I miss the adventure. The '09 Tacoma is comfortable, gets to the trail head w/o wind clapping your face.
If I could, just get a basic cost break down for a Dana 45 approx strength SAS with all the trimmings E-lock, disks( if old ones can't be used) leaf spring and minimal body lift to fit 33" tires, stearing components, ? Drive shaft, install (and qualified shop in SW Oregon). It dosent need to be the beast, but at least some thing close to what I'm used too. Thanks for any input.
Revive a 5 year old thread to tell us you bought the wrong truck
Old 08-06-2014, 05:26 AM   #13
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a sac conversion kit.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...4-sas-kit.html
Old 08-06-2014, 05:27 AM   #14
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Lmao! Just noticed that
Old 08-06-2014, 05:32 AM   #15
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Lol and all that with a a BL just to fit 33's.