1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For those that have ordered their Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 23LS1, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Oct 23, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    23LS1

23LS1 [OP] Member

Member:
    I'm looking to get an Off Road Tacoma. Would I be better off ordering or searching around for one close to what I want. I want it fully loaded as much as possible. When ordering can you leaving certain things off like mud flaps?
    Also I would like leather seats and heated if I could. Is there option for factory heated seats or can factory do upgraded seat covers like Katskins? Thanks

2. Oct 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    Echodawg

Echodawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR DCSB
    Stuff and Things!
    I had to order my '14 because I wanted navigation with the upgraded sub sound system and there was none in the area in a color I liked. Took about three weeks for it to be delivered. No you cannot leave of things like mud flaps and as far as I know the leather and heated seats only come in the limited edition. Hope this helps some.

3. Oct 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Katzkins don't waste your money on the fake heated leather seats in the limited just get an off road and put katzkins and heaters in and then you will have some change for suspension and wheels

4. Oct 24, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    23LS1

23LS1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks guys

5. Oct 24, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    doabbs

doabbs Active Member

Member:
    From what I can tell, it's about a $2,500 difference between a TRD and a Limited. If you figure the Katzkins w/ heaters are gonna cost you around $1,300 installed plus another $200+ for an auto-dimming mirror and then probably another $500 for the upgraded stereo. This doesn't include your time to install/not having the truck. Is it really that good a deal not going with a limited?

6. Jul 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    dpd327

dpd327 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Everett, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport Double Cab SB 4X4 w/TRD CAT/BK
    Goodyear Wranglers, De-badged, Aviation Radio added (VHF and Marine band)
    Doabbs is right....Toyota knuckleheads have no flexibility in their "packages". I bought a 2009 and wanted to have the dealer put on Goodyear Wranglers (Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 Sport). I couldn't get them to take the Bridgestone tires off...what's more they damaged the outside of the premium wheels by putting wheel weights on the outside....then the service manager at Rodland Toyota (Bob Gardner) tried to tell me the Goodyear dealer scratched up the wheels. Anyway...no substitutions....I did have mine debadged and I guess I should be happy they didn't charge me extra for that.

7. Jul 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    dm1215al

dm1215al Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Fl
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Step tubes,Window tint, HomelinK rear view mirror, changed the entune image screen Rear Differential Breather Relocation Extended AC condensate hose KB Voodoo tailgate cap Redline Tuning QuickLIFT ELITE hood lift system.
    I ordered mine, I will be upgrading the speakers, what came with it is junk.

Products Discussed in

To Top