Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vibrating side view mirrors

Old 03-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
N919HJ is on a distinguished road
N919HJ's Tacoma Gallery
Vibrating side view mirrors

My side view mirrors are vibrating at about 35 mph and above. Anybody else have this or have a fix? My old GTI did this until one day I looked over and the mirror (just the glass) was gone.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Try checking the mirror itself first, the glass part just clips into the mirror housing. If thats all good check the nuts that hold the mirror on inside the truck. To really check them you should take the door panel off, but there is a plastic cap over the top one. There just small bolts use a 1/4" drive and they should be pretty snug!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
My 05 with 48k had the drvr side wagglin all around. Yet another 160 pt certification failure on the dealer's part. I just took sail panel off & pulled the top of the door panel loose to get a 1/4 drive/socket on the thing & retightened the 3 nuts holding it to the door. All good now. Actually did both doors but pass side was pretty tight.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:03 AM   #5
N919HJ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help guys. It is just the glass vibrating. Is it safe to assume that the glass is glued to a piece of plastic and the plastic attaches to mirror assembly and that would be where the problem lies. Maybe something with the connection is broke?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, IIRC there were threads about or a tsb for something to do with window registers..........
Old 03-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Thanks for the help guys. It is just the glass vibrating. Is it safe to assume that the glass is glued to a piece of plastic and the plastic attaches to mirror assembly and that would be where the problem lies. Maybe something with the connection is broke?
You are correct, the glass is attached to a piece of plastic with a fancy piece of double sided tape. The plastic bit snaps into the motor mechanism, to get it off angle the mirror all the way up and pull straight back on the bottom of the glass. There are some pics on the heated mirror thread!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
danmckennat is on a distinguished road
danmckennat's Tacoma Gallery
i noticed on my 09 today that my side mirrors are rattling around too not sure if that is normal or not
Old 03-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #9
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, yours came with vibrating mirrors? Was that an upgrade? That option wasn't even available when I bought mine!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:15 AM   #10
N919HJ's Tacoma Gallery
Oh it was an option all right and I'm such a good haggler i didn't even have to pay for it! Thanks for all the help once it gets warmer I am going to pull them apart and see what's going on.