Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Camburg LT Coilover Issues

Old 10-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
ls1 prerunner is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ls1 prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg LT Coilover Issues

Any one running the Sway-A-Way coilovers on their Camburg LT kit? I can't seem to be able to put the reservior at a place that wouldn't interfere with the coil spring or with the upper control arm. It has a 90* swivel only on the hose, I keep only finding pictures of Fox coilovers and they have the 90* swivel with a 90* fitting. Anyone on here that can provide input? Did Sway-A-Way send me the wrong fittings or am I doing missing something?

Any help is much appreciated! Cheers
Old 10-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Camburg Girl
KayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kayla
KayStrait's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1 prerunner View Post
Any one running the Sway-A-Way coilovers on their Camburg LT kit? I can't seem to be able to put the reservior at a place that wouldn't interfere with the coil spring or with the upper control arm. It has a 90* swivel only on the hose, I keep only finding pictures of Fox coilovers and they have the 90* swivel with a 90* fitting. Anyone on here that can provide input? Did Sway-A-Way send me the wrong fittings or am I doing missing something?

Here are some pictures I round up of the 90 degree fitting for the SAW reservoir. It is very similar to the FOX r/r coilover.
Attached Thumbnails
Camburg LT Coilover Issues-front_2.jpg   Camburg LT Coilover Issues-front_6.jpg  
Old 11-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
ls1 prerunner is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ls1 prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Kayla! Hopefully you can help me with this question too, around what area of the frame does the limit strap tab weld on? The kit came with 10" straps and they seem way too short unless I mount maybe under the frame. I have some 12" straps from my race truck and those seem to fit better if I want to place the tab on the side of the frame.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1 prerunner View Post

this would be a better place to post Long Travel questions. most (lol) are very knowledgeable and have vast amounts of LT experience........

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ml#post7651501