1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealership cracked my windshield

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Spigz, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Oct 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra

Florida Law allows for the windshhield to be replaced at no cost, but what makes it unethical is that the tech suggested telling them a rock hit it.

2. Oct 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com

I agree that the suggestion of saying a rock hit it was just plain stupid. I do see your point on how it could be considered fraud in a technical standpoint. I do agree that the dealership should replace the windshield, as I indicated in my post. It should have been brought to the service managers attention immediately. All dealerships have a 67D account specifically for small mishaps like this. My point was that the owner would not be liable for fraud if they did not call the insurance company first. I guess I did not explain my point there.

3. Oct 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    Crosis

Crosis Tertiary adjunct to unimatrix 01

Member:
    Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Actually this is incorrect. Since the insurance company is a private business, having them pay for the windshield when it was broken by an insured dealership is indeed fraud in Florida and punishable as a felony. The law requiring the insurance company to pay without a deductible is not a requirement for them to cover it when another company bears more of the damage liability.

4. Oct 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    NW4RUNNER

NW4RUNNER Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4 runner trail
    That sucks I'd be super pissed.

On the other hand, I don't think all dealers are made up of cheap slimy salesman. I really like my dealership, at least the parts and service department. They always hook me up and pull strings for me. I had some bad gas at one point and they paid the top service technician for 8 hours of work for the dude to spend the whole day trying to diagnose any problems with my s/c, 7th inj fuel delivery problem. He couldn't find anything and they charged me nothing. For that reason I always bring my business there.

Products Discussed in

To Top