Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"Limited" edition for Tacomas?

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the Limited Tacoma?
I like it! 67 17.54%
I hate it! 44 11.52%
Too flashy for me. 112 29.32%
I wish i had one. 12 3.14%
Who cares about a limited, chromed out tacoma?! 147 38.48%
Voters: 382. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #21
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 limited edition TRD sport 4X4 Canadain model but it came with 17 inch TRD rims . Didnt buy it new though . Grabbed it from the dealer two years old . Maybe someone changed the rims . It did come with factory heated " PLEATHER " seats . The junk on the seats is " NOT " genuine leather .Its almost like the dealer farmed the truck out to the nearest detail shop and had them install a bunch of cheap chrome crap all over the truck.
Where can i get a heated steering wheel for this pig ?
The ladies think its prrty lol
Old 10-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #22
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I REALLY don't mean to sound like a dick....i'm just meaning that putting AT or MT tires on a very high line truck with 18" chrome wheels and actually intending to use it offroad and in inclement conditions while maintaining perfect condition of those wheels isn't the best of ideas. But, people will do what ever they want with their money and that is some of the glory of being an American.

If i were to buy that line of truck, i would buy it in a prerunner and it would be for cuty use. That is how it would better suit/please me (my opinion).
Many people buy 4x4 for snow days and the occasional unpaved cottage/fishing road, for which the Limited will handle just fine. The plastic chrome covers are actually advantageous in this situation, because they can be replaced at relatively low cost if damaged.

It would be more appropriate to offer the Limited with a simpler full-time transfer case with center diff and no low-range, but that would require some re-engineering.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #23
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Fake leather, fake chrome rims, chrome mirrors. Not thank you I can go and get katzkin and seat hearers installed for less than they want.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #24
Rainbow. Puke.
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Many people buy 4x4 for snow days and the occasional unpaved cottage/fishing road, for which the Limited will handle just fine. The plastic chrome covers are actually advantageous in this situation, because they can be replaced at relatively low cost if damaged.

It would be more appropriate to offer the Limited with a simpler full-time transfer case with center diff and no low-range, but that would require some re-engineering.
An AWD only tacoma? *vomits violently*

I'll stick with my current REAL transfer case lol
Old 10-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #25
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
They had a couple on the lot when I bought mine last week. I don't like all the chrome on them personally.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #26
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Whats with all these "hey this thing exists, so come in and agree it sucks" threads? I guess this and the bullbar one are in the same boat lol.

The package has been out forever, discussed plenty of times. It has its own niche market.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #27
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen any up here in the northwest but I could see them selling quite a few in the south.

RJM
Old 10-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #29
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would imagine that the problem would be screwing up the cheap chrome 18s if you needed to actually USE the truck (off road it;minorly) or if you needed the 4x4 capability for snow, you'd have to pay pretty good $$$ to find a tire that fit on that 18" wheel and actually worked well in the snow and didn't affect the speedo.
but someone will want it so toyota tried it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
I have a 2010 limited edition TRD sport 4X4 Canadain model but it came with 17 inch TRD rims . Didnt buy it new though . Grabbed it from the dealer two years old . Maybe someone changed the rims . It did come with factory heated " PLEATHER " seats . The junk on the seats is " NOT " genuine leather .Its almost like the dealer farmed the truck out to the nearest detail shop and had them install a bunch of cheap chrome crap all over the truck.
Where can i get a heated steering wheel for this pig ?
The ladies think its prrty lol
there was no such thing as a tacoma limited not till after the 2012+ facelift...
not from what ive seen even from some of the canadian models people have posted
Old 10-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Whats with all these "hey this thing exists, so come in and agree it sucks" threads? I guess this and the bullbar one are in the same boat lol.

The package has been out forever, discussed plenty of times. It has its own niche market.
B/c everyone knows that the TX pro is just an overpriced TRD OR, and a Limited/TSS is just an overpriced TRD Sport, and both the TRD's are just overpriced SR5s, then those SR5s are just girly'd up base models. Any real man who chews 'baca, shits out bull horns, and uses hot sauce to put in his contacts knows that "real men" buy the Base model, then builds it up for true off-road capability. B/c everyone here has a damn 5 mile long rock garden, then 10 miles of mud bogs, followed by 15 miles of sand dunes to traverse on their way to work, up hill both ways. Ain't no time fer' damn 18" chrome wheels and them fancy chrome mirror caps while I'm hitting the trails 24/7. :roll eyes:

That black truck looks nice. Better then faded out black plastic after two years in the sun.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #31
Rainbow. Puke.
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post

This isn't a thread for hating these trucks....it clearly asks what everyone's opinion of them is. If the majority is leaning towards them sucking, that is just how the conversation currently is. I like the idea of the limited truck and i realky like the mirrors with turn signals and chrom covers....i like my chrome mirror covers damn it.

I think toyota will make SOME money off of it or they wouldn't. Have done it....but as i voted....it is just to flashy for me.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #32
Rainbow. Puke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
B/c everyone knows that the TX pro is just an overpriced TRD OF, and a Limited/TSS is just an overpriced TRD Sport, and both the TRD's are just overpriced SR5s, then those SR5s are just girly'd up base models. Any real man who chews 'baca, shits out bull horns, and uses hot sauce to put in his contacts knows that "real men" buy the Base model, then builds it up for true off-road capability. B/c everyone here has a damn 5 mile long rock garden, then 10 miles of mud bogs, followed by 15 miles of sand dunes to traverse on their way to work, up hill both ways. Ain't no time fer' damn 18" chrome wheels and them fancy chrome mirror caps while I'm hitting the trails 24/7. :roll eyes:

That black truck looks nice. Better then faded out black plastic after two years in the sun.
Signature worthy.....nuff said.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #33
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
I chose options 2,3 and 5
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #34
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
B/c everyone knows that the TX pro is just an overpriced TRD OR, and a Limited/TSS is just an overpriced TRD Sport, and both the TRD's are just overpriced SR5s, then those SR5s are just girly'd up base models. Any real man who chews 'baca, shits out bull horns, and uses hot sauce to put in his contacts knows that "real men" buy the Base model, then builds it up for true off-road capability. B/c everyone here has a damn 5 mile long rock garden, then 10 miles of mud bogs, followed by 15 miles of sand dunes to traverse on their way to work, up hill both ways. Ain't no time fer' damn 18" chrome wheels and them fancy chrome mirror caps while I'm hitting the trails 24/7. :roll eyes:

That's some funny stuff. :-)

I'm not a fan of the limited in its current build spec. I would be a fan of a Tacoma Off Road with heated leather seats and steering wheel. I'd also be for knee and rear side airbags, heated mirrors, blind spot monitoring and some of the pre-collision options Toyota offers on its other products and yes I'd pay a premium. Oh and let's not forget the diesel...
Old 10-29-2013, 03:54 AM   #35
zacksblacktaco is on a distinguished road

zacksblacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
I've seen them at my dealer:

this is the one dad has, I put a grille and some rain guards in for him and it looks decent now but im not much for chrome but hey he is happy so whatever.
I agree the leather is junk and really they aren't much more than a sport package so I guess if it were my decision I would have went with a sport just like most others on this forum but some guys just like chrome
Old 10-29-2013, 04:46 AM   #36
slowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired
Name: Mike
slowmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AND i'm not sure why you'd want a 31" tire....i'm pretty sure that these 2nd gen Tacomas run a 30.6" tire when stock....

Either way, tires are more expensive for 18s and even 17s (in some tires and sizes) for that matter.
Tires built to inch-size specifications are never as large as the nominal dimensions. A 31-inch tire must be at least 30.5 inches in diameter. The stock P245/75R16 tires are precisely the same size, varying only a couple tenths of an inch from brand to brand. Toyota has been using 31" tires on their small 4x4 trucks since the 1980's, and the current Tacoma is no different.

Mike
Old 10-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #37
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Signature worthy.....nuff said.

^^^^ This^^^^^
Old 10-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #38
bbaggett is on a distinguished road

bbaggett's Tacoma Gallery
The Limiteds are what they are: overpriced Tacomas for sure, but I love every bit of mine. Best truck I have ever owned. I do not go mudding like I am sure a lot of you on this forum do to need a TRD Off-road for the better suspension. I did however get a 4x4 for when I go out and I would have liked some less street tires but whatever, I will replace them when these wear out.

My needs were primarily for driving to/from work, hauling 2 small kiddos and a wife around, home improvement trips for the house, picking up random things I buy, weekend camping/hunting trips, etc. Rarely will I need 4x4 but will be nice to have if it is muddy when I go out with the guys in the fall or spring.

The main requirement for buying my truck was leather to wipe off when my son spills his strawberry milk on the seat, and no other Tacoma offered that or else I probably would have got a TRD Sport and added leather if Toyota made them.. Something I could wipe off was a deal breaker for me.

I have to admit, the upgraded JBL stereo is awesome -- the subwoofer hits hard for a factory radio. I use the Pandora radio everyday and love the integrated HomeLink garage door opener in the mirror.

The Tacoma Limited is a nice quality truck I could drive until the wheels fell off with leather that offered semi-reasonable gas mileage. The people that have them, love them. It meets my needs, but I realize they aren't cheap.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #39
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Ken nailed it early on. Take a look at the high trim levels of the F-150. Ford sells plenty of the Platinum, King Ranch, and H-D. Toyota wanted a piece of that market, hence the Limited. My only issue with the package is that Toyota doesn't bring it to parity with the 4Runner Limited.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #40
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This isn't a thread for hating these trucks....it clearly asks what everyone's opinion of them is. If the majority is leaning towards them sucking, that is just how the conversation currently is. I like the idea of the limited truck and i realky like the mirrors with turn signals and chrom covers....i like my chrome mirror covers damn it.

I think toyota will make SOME money off of it or they wouldn't. Have done it....but as i voted....it is just to flashy for me.
I know, I was just making an observation. I don't particularly care for it either, but most on here will agree it isn't their taste. I think Toyota's problem is like DoorDing is hinting at. They didn't go all the way with the limited package...they half-assed it for the Tacoma with inferior fake leather seating and a few chrome embellishments when they could have stepped it up a little more, but then MSRP goes out the roof as we know, and the niche market slims even more.