Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"Limited" edition for Tacomas?

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the Limited Tacoma?
I like it! 67 17.54%
I hate it! 44 11.52%
Too flashy for me. 112 29.32%
I wish i had one. 12 3.14%
Who cares about a limited, chromed out tacoma?! 147 38.48%
Voters: 382. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #41
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my phone, but someone else may want to look up the MSRP of the Limited Tacoma & 4Runner, and compare features. Last I checked, Toyota was letting the Tacoma side of the comparison down.

I'd like to see the Limited top out the Sport side, and the Baja do the same for the Off-Road. Keep the price points about where they are, but bring those two up to a more premium standard. No one but Toyota knows, but I suspect they'd still make a nice profit, in addition to selling more top tier Tacomas. They'd also profit from people like OZ retrofitting heated mirrors from the new additions to the Tacoma parts bin.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #42
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
SB FTW
Bullbars suck
pee runner..
DBCab FTW

I have heated seats.

that about covers it..
Old 10-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #43
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
I drove one for fun once. I then went and got back in my 06 TRD sport with a huge grin on my face. Mine is way better
Old 10-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #44
Canazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanazes9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
Canazes9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
An AWD only tacoma? *vomits violently*

I'll stick with my current REAL transfer case lol
I disagree. The Limited 4Runner is not AWD like a Subaru w/ a viscous coupling. It is a true full time 4wd system w/ a locking center differential. When the center differential is open it's AWD, when its locked it works just like a regular 4wd Tacoma. My understanding is that the center differential used on the 4Runner is actually stronger and less prone to problems than the part-time transfer case used on the SR5/TE 4Runners (and Tacomas).

In addition to the full time 4wd like the limited 4Runner, the limited Tacoma should get the upgraded electronic brake booster and A-TRAC. This would leave you the option of adding ARB air lockers to the Front and Rear differentials. Full time 4wd, locking Center Diff, A-TRAC, and the ability to upgrade to ARB air lockers and I would trade in my current truck tomorrow...

David
Old 10-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #45
slowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired
Name: Mike
slowmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazes9 View Post
I disagree. The Limited 4Runner is not AWD like a Subaru w/ a viscous coupling. It is a true full time 4wd system w/ a locking center differential. When the center differential is open it's AWD, when its locked it works just like a regular 4wd Tacoma. My understanding is that the center differential used on the 4Runner is actually stronger and less prone to problems than the part-time transfer case used on the SR5/TE 4Runners (and Tacomas).

In addition to the full time 4wd like the limited 4Runner, the limited Tacoma should get the upgraded electronic brake booster and A-TRAC. This would leave you the option of adding ARB air lockers to the Front and Rear differentials. Full time 4wd, locking Center Diff, A-TRAC, and the ability to upgrade to ARB air lockers and I would trade in my current truck tomorrow...

David
The Limited 4Runner system is similar to full-time systems in the military HMMWV and those in GM and Chrysler trucks from the 1970's. They are gas-sucking pigs with great on and off-road traction. I would love to have one in a Tacoma. It would be a great and logical addition to the Limited Taco.

Mike
Old 10-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #46
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome is looked upon like a festering disease around here.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #47
SteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
I personnaly am not a big fan of the limited trim. I don't like the chrome (why I bought a sport) and it think the faux leather is silly. I think it would be better to buy a TRD (either Sport or OR) with the entune/JBL system and add Katzkin heated leather for less. Just my .02 though.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #48
MJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud ofMJR has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Mickey
MJR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
since you cant get heated seats outside of the limited, it puts a big damper on getting a new Tacoma and trying to cut back on all that chrome.

the warden wants the trd sport and wants heated seats since our cold season is from late oct to march/april.
Just have the dealer add leather seats with heaters. We do it all the time and we are in the middle of Texas. I do think a better value is the TRD and add heated leather (IMO).
Old 10-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #49
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #50
NoDak has a spectacular aura aboutNoDak has a spectacular aura about
Name: JR
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
well i just went out to the toyota website and configured a new 2014 DCab v6 4x4 Limted. they now have 2 different limited packages, one for 7k and another with 10k. notice on the 10k package listed below, notice anything

edit : the difference between the 7k and 10k is that the 7k package doesnt have the TRD Sport option. kinda odd since the TRD Sport conflicts with the Limited chrome and color matched.

Limited Package | $10,715

Selected Package
Options included:
  • V6 Tow Package 21: Class-IV towing receiver hitch, transmission (automatic transmission only) cooler, engine oil cooler, 130-amp alternator, heavy-duty battery, 7-pin connector with converter and Trailer-Sway Control (TSC) 22 [TO]
  • TRD Sport Extra Value Package: Sport suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 17-in. alloy wheels with P265/65R17 tires, hood scoop, color-keyed grille surround/bumpers/door handles/overfenders, color-keyed outside mirrors with turn signal indicators, sliding rear window with privacy glass, 115W/400W deck-mounted AC power outlet, fog lights, remote keyless entry, cruise control, variable intermittent windshield wipers, overhead console with maplights and sunglasses storage, Sport water-resistant seats with driver lumbar support (passenger-side fold-flat feature delete), metallic-toned instrument panel trim, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls and shifter, dual sun visors with mirrors and extenders, tailgate-handle integrated backup camera 1, TRD Sport graphics [PY]
  • Limited Package: SofTex®-trimmed heated front Sport seat with 4-way adjustable driver's seat, 18-in. chrome-clad alloy wheels with P265/60R18 tires, chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, chrome fog light housing, chrome door handles, chrome power outside mirrors with turn signal indicator, fog lights, 115V/400W Deck Powerpoint, variable-speed wipers, metallic-toned instrument panel trim, leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls and shifter, dual sun visors with mirrors and extenders, auto-dimming rearview mirror with outside temperature gauge and HomeLink® 11 universal transceiver, Limited badge, includes remote keyless entry system, cruise control, sliding rear window with privacy glass and Entune™ 10 Premium JBL® audio with Navigation 9 and App Suite 10 and tailgate-handle integrated backup camera 1 [LT]
Attached Thumbnails
"Limited" edition for Tacomas?-limited-packages.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #51
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
that has to be a website display error. you cant have 2 packages on a single truck correct?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #52
pbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pbm317's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that has to be a website display error. you cant have 2 packages on a single truck correct?
must be, i only see a $7,660 version for limited in my area.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #53
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Definitely a site error. Limited package and Sport would conflict on many levels. Rims, seat material, etc.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #55
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
well I went to the Toyota website in IE 11 and chrome and it still shows the 10k limited package.

hence the reason I took a screenshot.

zip code is 58701 if anyone want to test it out.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #56
batchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nicebatchelor22 is just really nice

Name: Jameel
batchelor22's Tacoma Gallery
I actually looked closely at the Limited when I bought my Sport last year. Was not a fan of the chrome wheels but could have lived with the rest. Added full leather seats to my Sport rather than leather faced or "Softex". Since joining this site, I have de-badged my truck, lost most of the chrome and gone for a more monotone look. I like it, some don't.

That being said to each his own, I see a lot of them around and if people enjoy them so be it. Wish I could have added that Entune package, but here in Canada that was not an option.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #57
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR View Post
Just have the dealer add leather seats with heaters. We do it all the time and we are in the middle of Texas. I do think a better value is the TRD and add heated leather (IMO).
yup,
I had my dealer add heated seats.. they are great!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #59
Don't Let Your Meatloaf
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazes9 View Post

David
I like my switchable 2wd/4H/4L. If i wanted awd shit i would only buy subarus or (if i had lots of money) a GT-R (JEE DEE AHH as the australians say).
AWD in a truck or SUV should simply be another selection on the 4x4 switch/lever. Silverados have an AWD selection along with their 2wd/4H/4L. the awd selection would be for when untrained women/people drive the truck in the rain and they are afraid of wheel spin.

*disclaimer: i am an uneducated goof
Old 10-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #60
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I like my switchable 2wd/4H/4L. If i wanted awd shit i would only buy subarus or (if i had lots of money) a GT-R (JEE DEE AHH as the australians say).
AWD in a truck or SUV should simply be another selection on the 4x4 switch/lever. Silverados have an AWD selection along with their 2wd/4H/4L. the awd selection would be for when untrained women/people drive the truck in the rain and they are afraid of wheel spin.
Take another look at what Canazes9 wrote. You're (basically) in agreement.