LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

"Limited" edition for Tacomas?

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the Limited Tacoma?
I like it! 62 17.46%
I hate it! 42 11.83%
Too flashy for me. 105 29.58%
I wish i had one. 12 3.38%
Who cares about a limited, chromed out tacoma?! 134 37.75%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Hbr01 is a jewel in the roughHbr01 is a jewel in the roughHbr01 is a jewel in the roughHbr01 is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Badass
Name: Brian
Hbr01's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe if I were 60, rich and never planned on going off pavement.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
they sell them 4x4 and prerunner...
whats the problem with them?
Old 10-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Hbr01 is a jewel in the roughHbr01 is a jewel in the roughHbr01 is a jewel in the roughHbr01 is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Badass
Name: Brian
Hbr01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Well if it's anything like the limited 4runner it's going to be close to or 40k+ With leather heated seats and all that jazz. Not something you would expect from the tacoma line lol but then again I never thought I would see a turn knob for the 4x4 in a Tacoma either.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a fan of its look with the factory wheels.

If I remember correctly the "leather" is synthetic as well even though the seats are heated. IMO, if Toyota is going to charge a premium then it should consist of something more...
Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #7
TRD OFROAD
pegcitytacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Charlie
pegcitytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Saw one at the dealership when I was getting my 13 off road. First thing I did was take a knee and tap on the chrome 18" chrome rim which is only a plastic cover on a aluminium rim. Sorry Toyota if you want to put out a limited chromed out option really do that instead of putting crap like that on a so called upscale model. I laugh every time I see one cause the guy driving it thinks he's the shit while the chrome rims that he's rocking are pure shit!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
craigbaill is on a distinguished road
craigbaill's Tacoma Gallery
Limited.....

I drove one about 5 months ago and it was ok. Seats were NOT comfortable and I did not like the chrome wheels. Liked the turn signals in the mirroros...

They literally had 10 limited, 9 assorted double cabs and two TRD OR in just double cab. Not to mention the other access cabs. NOW? They have ONE reg cab and one access cab. Someone is buying these.....

Same deal with another dealer. One white TX doublecab. Thats it. Someone is buying tacomas like mad.

We are shopping now as we may be in the market around mid January.

Fingers crossed but it will not be a limited... To each their own...
Old 10-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota does good market research with trim levels and option packages. It's partially why the Tacoma is selling well while its competitors aren't. You and I don't see it that way, but there are some people who associate the superficial bits offered in the Limited as "value".

In my opinion the TRD Sport + Leather package offered in Canada has more substance. However, since Canadian prices are quite high, it wouldn't make sense for an American to re-import a Taco from Canada back to the US.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #10
I am Pro tcBob
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Toyota does good market research with trim levels and option packages. It's partially why the Tacoma is selling well while its competitors aren't. You and I don't see it that way, but there are some people who associate the superficial bits offered in the Limited as "value".

In my opinion the TRD Sport + Leather package offered in Canada has more substance. However, since Canadian prices are quite high, it wouldn't make sense for an American to re-import a Taco from Canada back to the US.
I would stand to agree. If someone wants a premium truck....why not just buy the loaded up sport model and put leather seats in it. Then they could really choose to be with or without heated seat option.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
12 TRD OffRoad is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
12 TRD OffRoad's Tacoma Gallery
As the saying goes "there's an ass for every seat".
Old 10-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
I am Pro tcBob
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
I would imagine that the problem would be screwing up the cheap chrome 18s if you needed to actually USE the truck (off road it;minorly) or if you needed the 4x4 capability for snow, you'd have to pay pretty good $$$ to find a tire that fit on that 18" wheel and actually worked well in the snow and didn't affect the speedo.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12 TRD OffRoad View Post
As the saying goes "there's an ass for every seat".
You should see the robotic asses the seat mfrs use for durability testing.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
zacksblacktaco is on a distinguished road

zacksblacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't understand what youre suggesting with the offroad comment..
my father has one and it drives just fine, like any other Tacoma...
and 18" wheels are the norm anymore just about every major brand carries a 31" tire in an all terrain for an 18" wheel, and the "cheap" chrome wheels are 18" aluminum, chrome plated versions of the 20" wheels they put on the limited 4runners
Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #17
I am Pro tcBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacksblacktaco View Post
I don't understand what youre suggesting with the offroad comment..
my father has one and it drives just fine, like any other Tacoma...
and 18" wheels are the norm anymore just about every major brand carries a 31" tire in an all terrain for an 18" wheel, and the "cheap" chrome wheels are 18" aluminum, chrome plated versions of the 20" wheels they put on the limited 4runners
I'm suggesting that someone wouldn't want to ruin their chrome wheels by offroading....an i suggested that the wheels are "cheap" because someone said they were/looked like plastic covers. only speaking my opinions man. If flashy shit works for some people so be it. I'm glad they like what they like and it works for them. More power to them.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
I am Pro tcBob

I REALLY don't mean to sound like a dick....i'm just meaning that putting AT or MT tires on a very high line truck with 18" chrome wheels and actually intending to use it offroad and in inclement conditions while maintaining perfect condition of those wheels isn't the best of ideas. But, people will do what ever they want with their money and that is some of the glory of being an American.

If i were to buy that line of truck, i would buy it in a prerunner and it would be for cuty use. That is how it would better suit/please me (my opinion).
Old 10-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
NoDak will become famous soon enoughNoDak will become famous soon enough
Name: JR
NoDak's Tacoma Gallery
since you cant get heated seats outside of the limited, it puts a big damper on getting a new Tacoma and trying to cut back on all that chrome.

the warden wants the trd sport and wants heated seats since our cold season is from late oct to march/april.