1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BlueTooth with low volume

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pikehk01, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Oct 29, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    pikehk01

pikehk01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stewart
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 4x4
    Wondering if anyone has a suggestion where to look or what to do. My blue tooth is very low even when all volume is turned all the at up on both the phone and the radio. Just wondering if there could be a loose wire or something.

2. Oct 29, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    my phone does that from time to time, i just take the battery out and restart it and usually no issues

3. Oct 29, 2013 at 5:13 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    My 12 does this, no way I can get around it. It doesn't help that I have MT tires either :-\

4. Oct 29, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    is there a headset volume or other system volume that may be turned down or limited for earpiece on your phone/device?

5. Oct 29, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    pikehk01

Member:
    First Name:
    Stewart
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 4x4
    Nope the volume on my phone is turned all the way up. It works just fine in my wife's Honda. It's also low when I try playing music through it. But when I have it plugged into the aux it's loud enough.

6. Oct 29, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    What's your phone model and os version? Is it rooted?
    Is your head unit the '11 stock or aftermarket? If stock, is it JBL or BluLogic on a non-JBL?

7. Oct 29, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    pikehk01

Member:
    First Name:
    Stewart
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 4x4
    I've got an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.3. Stock radio, not sure about blue tooth. It looks like it might be after market, there is a small mike/receiver coming out from the odometer.

8. Oct 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    pikehk01

Member:
    First Name:
    Stewart
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 4x4
    The only thing that controls the volume is the phone in my case. I haven't really used it much at all I have another ave that I can use by just plugging into the AUX port, it does the same thing.

9. Oct 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Do you see a button like the one in the red box? (it's located near the side mirror controls or under the radio near the AUX) If so, then you have BluLogic and can use the up/down above the button to control the volume.

[​IMG]

Doesn't help that you didn't state whether your stock radio is JBL or non-JBL. If you don't know what they look like, that's what google images is for.

10. Oct 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    My bluetooth is lower I find. I figured that it was normal.

11. Oct 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    Kendo

Kendo Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kendo
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    11' DCSB Sport 4x4 6 Speed
    My Bluetooth volume is changed through steering wheel volume controls when in use. Can turn way down or way up to the point that it's annoyingly loud.

12. Oct 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    Thank god I went aftermarket for mine.

13. Oct 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The only thing I've played through my phone (Galaxy Note 3) through bluetooth is pandora and iHeart Radio. I haven't played any of my saved music on the sd card. Pandora and iHeart Radio sound perfect though I listen to XM mostly. I use a 32 GB usb thumb drive in the usb port for all my mp3's so I don't really worry about the bluetooth and the mp3's on my phone.

My issue so far has been with the phone calls. Admittedly I haven't read the instructions on the radio (imagine that:rolleyes:) but every time a call comes in it is at full volume and I have to adjust it down. Scares the piss out of me. I assume there is a adjustment that you can change to where it will come in at whatever volume you want. I guess I should go read huh? ;)

*EDIT*JBL Nav Entune Radio

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  14. Oct 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    gjacobsjr

gjacobsjr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma SR5 MagGrey on Black
    Black Raptor 16x8 Leer Shell Blacked out windows Pro Comp 3 in lift good year 265/75/16 Airaid CAI Cat Back 2 3/4 pipe with magnaflow and tip
    i have a samsung galaxy s4 and it will not let me plug it in to the usb port. It goes all ape shit saying its too much power on the entune screen?!

15. Oct 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yeah... I don't think it's built for that. I can plug mine into the usb port on in the FR-S and it charges but that's it. No music from the usb connection. Has to be a thumb drive or bluetooth. At least that's how it is with the FR-S. I use a usb power adapter in one of the 12 volt ports to charge my phone in the Tacoma.

16. Oct 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Cool... I figured there was. I'll try to read it at the station tomorrow if we have time.

17. May 31, 2017 at 1:28 PM
    sdp1114

sdp1114 New Member

Member:
    stewart parris
    I just purchased a 2017 TRD Sport 4x4 Tacoma in Quicksand color. It's beautiful or at least I think so. I had a few problems setting up Entune and wanted to share the fix. Toyota provides numerous applications on the premium package stereo to include Pandora Internet Radio and others. I secured a free subscription and downloaded the app to my Samsung GS3 phone which is a required procedure to use this feature in your Taco. I'm new to Pandora but it was easy building a custom music station list which is picked up by Entune and played. The problem I found and I'm not the only one having this problem is that the volume was very low, so low that it was barely useable. I called Entune customer support and they informed that my old model GS3 is not supported by Entune and that the Samsung GS6 is the minimum device recommended. This is false as my GS3 is fully functionally with Entune in every way. What I found is that bluetooth broadcasts both voice and media volume information to the head unit. The problem is that my phone had never been configured for an external device. Yes I'm an old fart. So the fix is to press the settings button from your home screen in the lower left corner of your phone, this is true for most all older Galaxy phones and select bluetooth you will see "Toyota Tacoma Paired" and a settings wheel icon next to it. Press the wheel and make sure both voice and media boxes are checked. Next turn up the volume to max on your phone then reboot your phone and test it out in your truck. It should work fine...word on warning you can't use the pull down menu on the phone and access bluetooth it will not allow you to make the necessary selections.
    Also for $9.99 on Amazon you can buy a wireless card that fits under the back cover on all these Samsung phones which allows you to use the wireless charging feature.
    Regardless of what I have heard about Entune it works wonderfully for me. Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top