1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chirping, stuttering sound coming from my rear end....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by finchmeister08, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Oct 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    I totally get it. Just amazed any brand truck deaker would tell a customer a blown u-joint requires a new driveshaft. If the dealer told me that I'd laugh my ass off right in front of them.

To me replacing whole assemblies is one step closer to idiocracy coming true. Granted I'm not a normal customer. I've only taken my truck to the dealer once for repair in over 5 years and that's because I didn't gave the time to fix it myself.

2. Oct 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    You get it, but then say it is one step closer to idiocracy? If you got it, then you would understand the reasoning behind why it is done that way. It is in most cases more cost effective overall. It may not look that way, but you also have to take into account that you don't fix 100,000 cars and trucks a day like Toyota does. Toyota, like other manufacturers sometimes will also lock out "unit repairs" in order for them to get entire assemblies back for them to inspect for cause of failure, and testing. Remember that we have had an issue with drive shaft vibration for a while. Perhaps they are requiring all drive shafts to be returned as complete units for testing and evaluation. It happens all the time. I remember when the Allison transmission first came out in the GM trucks. That exact transmission was years old, but for the first year we were not allowed to even pull the oil pan on it. If there was ANY internal failures at all we were to replace the entire unit so that the failed unit could be sent back, without anything being tampered with.

Products Discussed in

To Top