Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what gives that "off road" truck look

Old 10-31-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
what gives that "off road" truck look

I was wondering your opinion on what makes a truck look more "mean" I guess you could say. Is it a lift or is it wider rims on stock suspension? Or are there are other mods that I'm over looking to give my truck that off roadish look? Since I do have a TRD offroad. Thought about taking the front mudflaps off for a while or even trimming them up some.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
i would say any amount of lift even if your just lifting the front to make it level and some bigger than stock agressive tires
Old 10-31-2013, 06:44 AM   #3
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
wider and higher stance, more aggressive and larger tires.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
You could try taking it off-road. Thats about the best way to make it look "off-roadish".
Old 10-31-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
Dirt, cause these truck can do it stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
You could try taking it off-road. Thats about the best way to make it look "off-roadish".
maybe hes a swangin and bangin mall crawler?
Old 10-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #8
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Compared to others, these already look more "off-roadish", but bigger tires would be a start (with lift).
Old 10-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #9
Jstrumpf is on a distinguished road

Jstrumpf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This
Old 10-31-2013, 06:55 AM   #10
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
DB lift, 20's, and some low profile Nitto's. And don't forget a plethora of chrome.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
Quote:
That would be one good way.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #12
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Aggressive, larger tires usually do the trick. And in order to pull that off you usually need a lift which increases that "look" Also big bumpers.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
DB lift, 20's, and some low profile Nitto's. And don't forget a plethora of chrome.

Not a fan at all of 20s and low profile tires on a 4 wheel drive truck. I've got a black truck so I'm debating plasti dipping my chrome or keeping the chrome for a little contrast.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #14
mromeo is on a distinguished road

Army: Rigger/Paratrooper
Name: Mike
mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
Not a fan at all of 20s and low profile tires on a 4 wheel drive truck. I've got a black truck so I'm debating plasti dipping my chrome or keeping the chrome for a little contrast.
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic
Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #15
Do you think aftermarket wheels on stock suspension with current 265/70/16 (nexen roadian ht) tires make it look a little more aggressive with the wider stance?
Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
esse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esse10's Tacoma Gallery
tires

The tires, Biggest tires you can install without having to add modifications or lifts. OFF ROADING ON A BUDGET. LOL I don't off-Road and never will but mine looks a little taller than normal some folks have asked if I installed a lift.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mromeo View Post
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic

Yeah, I didn't take it the wrong way or to heart.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:07 AM   #18
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
Apparently I have not been good at the whole sarcasm thing for two days straight.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #20
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
X2.. And don't forget the Westin chrome running boards.. I wouldn't wanna be caught off-road without those!