Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rock sliders 0 degree angle

Old 11-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
BAMF sliders, also at 10 degrees. Very close to a stock running board look but still the protection of sliders:

Hey Pugga your sliders are powder coated by Jerry too right? Does yours look like black sand pearl? When mine are clean there is like a rainbow flake color shine in the black just like my Xrunner badges
Old 11-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #22
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
I had Jerry built the sliders on my 1st gen and my wife didn't really like how angled the sliders were. It made it hard for her to get in and out, but it was my fault since I wanted them tucked up close to the body.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0e2bc6c7.jpg

She immediately notice how easier it was for her to get in with the stock running boards on the 2nd gen so I'll go that route this time to keep her happy.
Vin by any chance do you know what angle this is at?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Hey Pugga your sliders are powder coated by Jerry too right? Does yours look like black sand pearl? When mine are clean there is like a rainbow flake color shine in the black just like my Xrunner badges
Nope, I had them shipped bare metal because they were on a crate with a bunch of others. I prepped, primed and painted them myself. In hindsight, I would have them powder coated if I were to do it again. Prepping all those nooks and crannies was a PITA! That last picture was the paint booth I set up in my basement. The L-supports are white because they were only primered at that point, I used Rustoleum bed liner for the rest.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had Jerry built the sliders on my 1st gen and my wife didn't really like how angled the sliders were. It made it hard for her to get in and out, but it was my fault since I wanted them tucked up close to the body.

She immediately notice how easier it was for her to get in with the stock running boards on the 2nd gen so I'll go that route this time to keep her happy.
How about we just build some running board sliders for you Plate steel running boards
Old 11-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #25
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Hey Jerry, how about you stepping up and making the same claim?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcm12 View Post
Vin by any chance do you know what angle this is at?
Unfortunately, I do not. I just eyed balled everything to my liking when the legs were welded on.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #27
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The powder has a diamond dust in it that makes it do that.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
How about we just build some running board sliders for you Plate steel running boards
Lol, I'm not a fan of an all square tubing sliders or the look of an all plate slider. Plus the tubing will go along with my front tube bumper and eventually a rear tube bumper.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #29
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
I'll probably ask Jerry to weld only the legs on there and I'll take care of the frame plates and gusset welding myself. I'll have to mock it up and see how far out or in I want the sliders to sit.

I try to support BAMF whenever I can. He's a good guy.
Yes Jerry earned 100%+ of my respect for the awesome customer service even tho I had personal problems going on at the time and I kept adding on options every few days he was patient with me and the leg work he had to do to ship all this sliders and armor to the Hawaii guys on different islands don't know how he did it all in the middle of the Black Friday sale and moving shop
Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #31

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Nope, I had them shipped bare metal because they were on a crate with a bunch of others. I prepped, primed and painted them myself. In hindsight, I would have them powder coated if I were to do it again. Prepping all those nooks and crannies was a PITA! That last picture was the paint booth I set up in my basement. The L-supports are white because they were only primered at that point, I used Rustoleum bed liner for the rest.
Yeah that's why last minute I message Jerry to powder coat mine plus the long boat ride here they would have looked like they came from the bottom of the ocean
Old 11-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #32
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah that's why last minute I message Jerry to powder coat mine plus the long boat ride here they would have looked like they came from the bottom of the ocean
I know what you mean, a group of us in New England had ours shipped on a pallet to a business. We met up, unwrapped them, and I took mine home on a 40 minute trip in an open truck bed and just the salt they saw in that time developed a surprising amount of surface rust. Couldn't imagine the extended trip across the pond.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #33
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
mine are 7 degrees i think.

They have saved my ass a couple times already. they work well for reaching on top of the cap to clean as well
Old 11-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #34
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
0 degrees

Old 11-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #35
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF FTW! SCS FTW! Thats a good combo right there
Vin since when do you have a second gen?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #36
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
I do, just by allpros and they'll bend down. Mine have from me using them as steps since i got them. :/
Yikes
Old 11-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #37
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
BAMF FTW! SCS FTW! Thats a good combo right there
Vin since when do you have a second gen?
It's been a few months now. I love the power and room in comparison to my 1st gen.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #38
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's been a few months now. I love the power and room in comparison to my 1st gen.
Not to mention your truck is super sexy sick!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #39
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Not to mention your truck is super sexy sick!!!
Thanks Patrick. When I'm done with it, it's going to be totally different than what what you've seen so far.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #40
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adunkoma View Post
I have avid sliders w/ I think a 10% too. Not flat but honestly the profile from the side looks pretty flat still. My wife finds them to be a little high, but they're welded so oh well

Do you have a picture of these off the truck? They look exactly like my design.
Attached Thumbnails
Rock sliders 0 degree angle-sliderstaco.jpg   Rock sliders 0 degree angle-sliders_mounted.jpg   Rock sliders 0 degree angle-brs1.jpg   Rock sliders 0 degree angle-tacomanarrow.jpg