Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rock sliders 0 degree angle

Old 10-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Rock sliders 0 degree angle

Does anyone have rock sliders welded on that are not angled? My 2nd gen currently has the stock step bars and I like the low profile look and the fact that it's useful for my wife. I've been thinking of adding some rock sliders and having them look "stockish". In a sense, when they're laid flat, it'll act like regular kickouts.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Ive done a few sets flat no pictures of them installed but they work nice as steps.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Ive done a few sets flat no pictures of them installed but they work nice as steps.
Sweet, you know I'm coming to you buddy. Paint first then sliders.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
I do, just by allpros and they'll bend down. Mine have from me using them as steps since i got them. :/
LOL.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do, just by allpros and they'll bend down. Mine have from me using them as steps since i got them. :/
Hey Jerry, how about you stepping up and making the same claim?
Old 10-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
bwahahaha.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
provofan is on a distinguished road
provofan's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking for the same thing. See this thread for several good recommendations:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ike-steps.html

I have contacted several vendors here and they have been very helpful. BAMF, Allpro, Demello...

Now I just need to choose one
Old 11-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Both BAMF sliders left is 20* right is 10*
Nice on both! I like em!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF sliders, also at 10 degrees. Very close to a stock running board look but still the protection of sliders:

Old 11-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #14
<3
Dunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have avid sliders w/ I think a 10% too. Not flat but honestly the profile from the side looks pretty flat still. My wife finds them to be a little high, but they're welded so oh well

Old 11-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
Thanks for all the info and pics guys!

Pugga, your setup looks great. Now I know what I want for sure.
Thanks go to Jerry's guys for that one. They did a nice job on them and I'm very happy with how they turned out. Wife hated that I got rid of the nerf bars but seems to be happy with these as a compromise. They're a touch higher than the nerf bars were, but still a very functional step.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #17
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Thanks go to Jerry's guys for that one. They did a nice job on them and I'm very happy with how they turned out. Wife hated that I got rid of the nerf bars but seems to be happy with these as a compromise. They're a touch higher than the nerf bars were, but still a very functional step.
I had Jerry built the sliders on my 1st gen and my wife didn't really like how angled the sliders were. It made it hard for her to get in and out, but it was my fault since I wanted them tucked up close to the body.

She immediately notice how easier it was for her to get in with the stock running boards on the 2nd gen so I'll go that route this time to keep her happy.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Maybe Jerry can knock them down alittle to sit a little lower on the mounting plates and @ 0* flat would make a big difference . I'm sure size of tires and lift would affect easier access to tho
I'll probably ask Jerry to weld only the legs on there and I'll take care of the frame plates and gusset welding myself. I'll have to mock it up and see how far out or in I want the sliders to sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytacoman View Post
4x innovation sliders anybody? weld them yourself so and angle you want FTW
I try to support BAMF whenever I can. He's a good guy.