Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anybody interested in Carbon Fiber parts?

Old 11-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
tacomatrdod is on a distinguished road
tacomatrdod's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody interested in Carbon Fiber parts?

Just counting heads beforei start making moulds!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
MagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the rough

Law Enforcement:
Name: Tony
MagnumTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would take a carbon fiber hood.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
???

depends on what it is, but yes.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
tacomatrdod is on a distinguished road
tacomatrdod's Tacoma Gallery
how much where you looking to spend for a hood? and which year, also scooped or non-scooped?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrdod View Post
how much where you looking to spend for a hood? and which year, also scooped or non-scooped?
I would also like a hood 2013 with a functional hood scoop and it depends what you want to charge Carbon Creations will do it for 499.99 with a mesh for the hood scoop if you can beat that you have my business.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
I would also like a hood 2013 with a functional hood scoop and it depends what you want to charge Carbon Creations will do it for 499.99 with a mesh for the hood scoop if you can beat that you have my business.

you cant make a functional scoop on these trucks.. FYI
Old 11-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I think he just means that he doesn't want it to have the boring plastic insert that the stock ones do. He'd rather have one that is open, meshed over, and blows air down onto the airbox/engine cover/heads.

I get it, but thats a negative pressure area,, it wont force air into the engine compartment.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
I get it, but thats a negative pressure area,, it wont force air into the engine compartment.
Just let it go....you're not going to win any battles with people who want to put more plastic into the 2nd gens....
Old 11-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
SUPER MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Just let it go....you're not going to win any battles with people who want to put more plastic into the 2nd gens....

might be right..
*walks out the door*..
Old 11-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
Aka: RainbowPuke
AR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAR15xAR10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AR15xAR10's Tacoma Gallery
I guess it'd just make him happier to have air needlessly blowing down onto his engine when there is plenty of grill realestate to handle that. But some people really do hate the plastic nonfunctional sport scoop.

I wonder if someone has been crazy enough to build/rig together an intake/airbox that utilizes an open hood scoop. I'd be worked about moisture getting in it. And if you had an open scoop, and a k&n open air box, i'd be afraid that the filter would get wet from the scoop being open (obviously only in rain conditions).

I think i just worry to much. I don't know....i also know nothing about aerodynamics or negtive pressure areas.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #12
PBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura aboutPBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
PBR Streetgang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrdod View Post
Just counting heads before i start making moulds!
What kind of parts are we talking about?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery

Center part of the console (Silver part) "might" look good in carbon fiber. Would figure it would be cost prohibitive though.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #14
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
would a cowl hood work to reduce bay temps?

Id like to keep things cooler under there to help reduce heat soak.

plz keep the intake/hood scoop debate to private messeges or offer a link....... Id hate to see this thread get locked, or anyone get a time out if it gets out of hand.... Its very hard to search through a thread for pertinent info about a product with a bunch of he said she said debating also.

Im not mod, feel free to neg me, Im just asking as a fellow tw member guilty of such crap in the past.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #15
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post

plz keep the intake/hood scoop debate to private messeges or offer a link....... Id hate to see this thread get locked, or anyone get a time out if it gets out of hand.... Its very hard to search through a thread for pertinent info about a product with a bunch of he said she said debating also.

Im not mod, feel free to neg me, Im just asking as a fellow tw member guilty of such crap in the past.
A cowl hood might be a little better because you still have a tunnel for forced air flow from the grill, but I believe Tor said his temps were higher when he was running without his hood vs with it on.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #16
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
A cowl hood might be a little better because you still have a tunnel for forced air flow from the grill, but I believe Tor said his temps were higher when he was running without his hood vs with it on.
shit I forgot he ran without the hood...... Ill have to go check his build. Thanks!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post

I remember lurry said something about the engine being able to cool off faster during breaks while out on the trail. But I doubt that conversation is still on here.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #18
MagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the roughMagnumTaco is a jewel in the rough

Law Enforcement:
Name: Tony
MagnumTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea what a carbon fiber hood would cost. Give us a price range. I do not prefer the scoop. Saving weight is always a plus.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #19
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
I think he just means that he doesn't want it to have the boring plastic insert that the stock ones do. He'd rather have one that is open, meshed over, and blows air down onto the airbox/engine cover/heads.
Yes and I also like having air leave through the hood scoop so it cools better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
I know but I hate the non functional one..
[QUOTE=AR15xAR10;7648800]I guess it'd just make him happier to have air needlessly blowing down onto his engine when there is plenty of grill realestate to handle that. But some people really do hate the plastic nonfunctional sport scoop.
Yes
I wonder if someone has been crazy enough to build/rig together an intake/airbox that utilizes an open hood scoop. I'd be worked about moisture getting in it. And if you had an open scoop, and a k&n open air box, i'd be afraid that the filter would get wet from the scoop being open (obviously only in rain conditions).
The hood scoops that come with the tacomas don't really get anything and are inert at a certain speed.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #20
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
An insert for 2012+ grills for Satoshi grill mod.