Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Space heater for a (4) person tent

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #121
sdsyver is on a distinguished road

sdsyver's Tacoma Gallery
Just invest in some good sleeping bags and mats as others have said. Will serve you better in the long run. Any heat source other than your bodies is bad news in a nylon tent.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #122
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsyver View Post
Just invest in some good sleeping bags and mats as others have said. Will serve you better in the long run. Any heat source other than your bodies is bad news in a nylon tent.
I'll take your advice.

Thank you
Old 11-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #123
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
you could also become a mormom and get several wives.. organic green heat.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #124
sdsyver is on a distinguished road

sdsyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
I'll take your advice.

Thank you
Lots of good places to get what you are looking for. I know R.E.I. in the U.S. is a great spot. The thicker your sleeping mats (not the big air beds. they suck in the cold) the better insulated from the ground you will be. As far as sleeping bags well that will take you a bit of research to decide what will work best for you. My wife and I use barrel bags (zipped together) rated to -10C / 14F for most of the year and if I get colder I just sleep with a toque and some long undies on. We have a mummy bag for our daughter which is rated to -15C / 5F. Lots to look at and research but it will be worth once you are out there and nice and toasty warm. Have fun with your kids.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #125
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
You think im funny?
ok, report back here after you fall over when you wipe your ass.. or report back here and let me know im an idiot... either way.. let me know. Ive never tried it, just read reviews of people complaining about that.

I was laughing at the image you created. Yes, people do mention it can be tippy if you aren't careful, which I think would be somewhat a given for the operator when shitting on a folding portable toilet seat on anything less than a level, hard floor. So maybe a peice of plywood would be in order. I don't know, I have never used it, and I heard good things about it. Maybe instead of rolling to the side to wipe your ass, lift your ass off the seat first.

It does look like they could improve on this by redesigning it with two legs in front, one in back.

If, perchance, I do get a chance to gather empirical evidence that contradicts you suppostion, I shall be delighted to post up and let you knwo that your an idiot. And you know that's a given!

But now we digress, and it seems we should create another thread on How to Shit in the Woods...becaues we wouldn't want to mess up the OP's tred here.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #126
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post

I was laughing at the image you created. Yes, people do mention it can be tippy if you aren't careful, which I think would be somewhat a given for the operator when shitting on a folding portable toilet seat on anything less than a level, hard floor. So maybe a peice of plywood would be in order. I don't know, I have never used it, and I heard good things about it. Maybe instead of rolling to the side to wipe your ass, lift your ass off the seat first.

It does look like they could improve on this by redesigning it with two legs in front, one in back.

If, perchance, I do get a chance to gather empirical evidence that contradicts you suppostion, I shall be delighted to post up and let you knwo that your an idiot. And you know that's a given!

But now we digress, and it seems we should create another thread on How to Shit in the Woods...becaues we wouldn't want to mess up the OP's tred here.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #127
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Nice that this thread went from a thread about camping and heaters to crapping in a bucket. Only here at TW. Take that other truck forums!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #128
Bad Spuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
Nice that this thread went from a thread about camping and heaters to crapping in a bucket. Only here at TW. Take that other truck forums!

so,
what do you use to crap in when camping?
Old 11-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #129
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so,
Outhouse. But if I was camping out in the middle of nowhere where there wasn't any outhouses then I would crap in a hole. Just have to make sure that it's not near the campsite, water source etc.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #130
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so,
A pop up toilet inside one of those showers tents. I got mud up to my knee from a hole once getting up to go at 2am. Jasmine don't play that anymore.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #131
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
People die from putting heaters in tents.

I camp in 20-30 degree weather all the time in Utah and never have a problem.

Just man up or get some extra blankets.

Like everyone else said get a good mat of some sort to insulate you from the ground. Not how well it works for other people but I find the less clothing I wear to bed the warmer I stay at night camping. And I am over the whole mummy bag thing I just take an old bulky sleep bag for underneath and blankets for on top of me.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #133
FNG
THNKTWCE will become famous soon enoughTHNKTWCE will become famous soon enough
THNKTWCE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so,
A tree to prop against, and leaves to wipe with.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #135
Bad Spuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
Hey what are you sayin?
Im sayin multipul wives will keep you warmer.

Products Discussed in this Thread