1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 Navigation Unit in 2013 - works

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by yogster, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Nov 5, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    adio

adio Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
    I was surprise it was catching HD radio locally when I installed one in my 08. Love it.

Still waiting on a harness so I could add the Tundra USB/AUX port.

Jerez- care to share how you register it :D I so want to take full advantage of the apps.

2. Nov 6, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    Grieby54

Grieby54 Horsebit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB MGM JBL/Entune/Nav
    WeatherTech Digital Liners, ImMrYo rear view mirror bracket, color matched grille, Tacoma door sill protectors, OEM hood protector, clear bra, tint, OEM roof rack, trimmed front mud flaps to match rear clearance, debadged, color matched grille, Plasti Dipped front Toyota emblem, OME 884X coils with trim packer on driver's side, OME Nitro Sport 9000 shocks, Deaver/ToyTec AAL with OME N182 shocks, 265/75/16 Duratracs, ProComp 7032 16" wheels
    Any big differences between the 14 HU and the 13? I have Entune.

It looks like the screen is a touch bigger, and the buttons have a different configuration, but that's all I see.

3. Nov 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    doabbs

doabbs Active Member

Member:
    Does anyone know how to obtain one of these Entune Premium radios [EE]? I know someone was selling them but curious how to get one and how they got them so cheaply.

4. Nov 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Go to the BST section and keep checking for people selling them. I know there were plenty of people selling their OEM 2013 touch screens so 2014 members are likely to do the same. Looks like their have already been at least 2 sold so far.

Price is based on user. OEM parts like HU and such get sold on a broad range of prices...just luck in finding a seller who wants it gone and doesn't care TOO much on what they get out of it.

5. Nov 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    adio

adio Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
    ^^got the Entune Audio Plus touchscreen HU for 200$ shipped from a member here. Also shipped here pretty quick coming from Florida.

I think I might have gotten the best deal so far.

6. Nov 7, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    Grieby54

Grieby54 Horsebit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB MGM JBL/Entune/Nav
    WeatherTech Digital Liners, ImMrYo rear view mirror bracket, color matched grille, Tacoma door sill protectors, OEM hood protector, clear bra, tint, OEM roof rack, trimmed front mud flaps to match rear clearance, debadged, color matched grille, Plasti Dipped front Toyota emblem, OME 884X coils with trim packer on driver's side, OME Nitro Sport 9000 shocks, Deaver/ToyTec AAL with OME N182 shocks, 265/75/16 Duratracs, ProComp 7032 16" wheels
    Anybody?

7. Nov 7, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    One of you guys who installed the 2014 receiver needs to do a write up with some pics > i would jump all over this if I knew it would fit and whats involved

8. Nov 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    yogster

yogster [OP] merkwürdigliebe

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    13 Black DCLB SR5
    DCLB Black 4WD Illumination dial from 4runner, Flyzeyes LED. Hardwire GPS and Valentine1 with BlendMount mirror mount, TRD shift knob, tube steps, swapped out for signal lamp mirrors. Garmin Eco-Route HD for Bluetooth ODBII Diagnostics, 2014 Entune Plus w Navigation, Leer 100XL dome light wired to dome circuit, pop&lock tailgate and cap locks.
    I won't have the time for Pics until the weekend....

Compatibility:

I have a non-JBL 2013 SR5 with the basic display audio. My truck was built in July 2013. I mention this because production line might have been different before/after.

My truck came standard with steering wheel controls and a Bluetooth microphone in the overhead.

My steering wheel controls: Left side: volume up/down, track up/down, mode.
    Right side: make call end call

There was NO Voice Recognition button on the right panel, this would be standard on a truck with the top end JBL Entune Navigation Unit.

There are no mods required to the truck.

Remove existing radio:

1. Pull out HVAC panel. unplug harness. Set aside where safe. Dash scratches VERY easily, plastic is VERY soft. Best to put a towel over the area below radio.
    2. Remove four bolts that hold in radio.
    3. Firmly but gently pull out radio and trim panel. The are attached and come out as one.
    4. Unplug harnesses.
    5. Remove hazard/airbag warning assembly. You will not need anything else off this unit.
    6. Set unit safely aside.

Install new radio

1. You will need the radio, console center surround FOR THIS RADIO, brackets FOR THIS RADIO. The trim and brackets from the original display audio are slightly different and will not work.
    2. You will need a GPS antenna. My seller included one. Note the GPS antenna does not have to be on the roof. All Toyotas usually have the GPS antenna mounted behind the radio in the dash. This is the one I have and is commonly available (for cheaper then this price)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-09-LEXUS-IS250-86860-53050-GPS-NAVIGATION-ANTENNA-MODULE-B22-/281169778763?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus&hash=item417706584b&vxp=mtr

3. install brackets and trim to radio if you have not already.
    4. Use double sided 3m tape/Velcro to secure GPS antenna to inside of dash beyond radio. You can pretty much wedge on top of heater plenum and it will not move. Note you CANNOT use SAT radio antenna. Won't work. Different frequencies.
    5. Plug in ALL plugs that were used for your base display audio. All of them are used. Remaining plugs are for reverse camera (2013 is in mirror, for base audio) and sat radio module. If you want to do the reverse camera display mod and have the harness, now would be a good time for that.
    6. Install radio, bolt up,
    7. Connect and reinstall HVAC
    8. Ensure radio powers up.

Unit Operation

1. There are several "multimedia" units available from Toyota for 2014. This is the middle one. I don't believe all have "enhanced" entune, or "entune" plus. This unit does. Note this unit is manufactured by Pioneer. The interface will seem familiar to those who have aftermarket Pioneer units. Thought it is a much cleaner interface, better human interface.

Entune Apps

1. You need to install Entune on your smart phone
    2. You need to have an Entune account with Toyota.

http://www.myentune.com

3. In order to create an account you need to have a valid VIN. A valid VIN is a VIN from a truck with "Enhanced Entune". You will not get past the account creation without a valid VIN. Note that even a 2013 VIN from a truck with top-of-the-line JBL NAV did not work. I could get past the Entune account creation, but it would not connect successfully to my 2014 head unit. Maybe I did not wait long enough.

4. Connection to truck. Pair your phone with Blue-Tooth. Log into Entune. Truck will, within a few seconds sense the connection. It will then download Bing, Pandora, Iheart, etc using your cell as the intermediary. These apps now show up in the app list.

5. I'm not going to go through all the functionality, but the HU is leaps and bounds above the base display audio. It is very similar to top-end aftermarket Pioneer Head Units, but a cleaner interface, and no mods or adapters required. Pandora is a nice interface. HD Radio is great. You can add the satellite moduele. It was well worth the $450 for me. The Navigation is OK. My Garmin 3597 is still better. Note these units require an SD card with the maps on it. Navigation will not work without it. Make sure your seller provides that. The full featured Entune is really nice.

You can change the startup logo to whatever you want.

Also with iPod you cannot have it plugged into USB port and use Entune, this is not supported. Most of the time I just have my iPod only connected via Bluetooth (through a small charger in the 12 V port.)

I'll add to this as I go, and post pictures, maybe this weekend.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Aug 19, 2014 at 4:23 AM
    Dbl Taco

Dbl Taco Hard Taco

Member:
    Virginia Beach,Va
    Vehicle:
    2013 X-Runner Supercharged/2001 4Runner sport
    Urd intake Urd stealth pulley Djm 3/4 DTLT headers Urd o2 sim Urd trac bar Afe 3" cat back Xii performance stock coils
    Where can I get a vin from to activate the unit ?

Products Discussed in

To Top