Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2014 Navigation Unit in 2013 - works

Old 11-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
merkwürdigliebe
yogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant future

Navy: Former DP1, Now USN CIV
Name: Tom
yogster's Tacoma Gallery
2014 Navigation Unit in 2013 - works

I have a 2013 DCLB SR5 with base/non-JBL display audio, build date July 2013

Another member was selling 2014 Entune Navigation units in the marketplace thread.

I purchased one, and for those interested, it bolts right up, plugs right in, everything works. Seller provided a sat antenna than can mount under the dash.

USB/Aux, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, microphone, power, dimmer, GPS, all work without any mods.

But.... I cannot register with entune, because of course, it says my truck vin is invalid, does not have Entune. I don't know if I will be able to work around that.

But there it is.... I'll also be selling by base display audio system in the coming days. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for reporting this. Been debating snatching up a 14' HU eventually. Wouldn't mind all the extras. I guess anyone interested in the 14 HU should ask the seller for their vin or otherwise take some $$$ off the price they are asking for it if they don't want to give it to the buyer...since Entune is worthless without it.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Actually there is a way to register it

Pm sent
Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
Gerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
Gerrrr's Tacoma Gallery
How do you activate the voice recognition? You would not have the button on your steering wheel for it.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Why would someone want the entune? Will it work with the 2011 JBL stereo?
Old 11-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #7
merkwürdigliebe
yogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant futureyogster has a brilliant future

yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrrr View Post
How do you activate the voice recognition? You would not have the button on your steering wheel for it.

Not sure. I need to find a manual for this. I believe there is a voice recognition button on the stereo itself, admittedly this is a feature I did not test.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:50 AM   #8
Gerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
Gerrrr's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know what find out, voice recognition is one of the more useful features for me.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #10
brian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Brian
brian0128's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in this because I want the GPS. I have a 2012 TRD Off Road with the non JBL radio. It does have Sat Radio and steering wheel controls for voice though so I wonder if it would work.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures or it didn't happen.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
ramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really nice

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
Old 11-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #13
merkwürdigliebe

yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one, I'll take better ones in daylight, tomorrow.

Show's the App screen...

I'll try to take one in every mode.

BTW, you MUST use the correct fascia/surround and brackets. The ones for my original display audio were slightly different.

Also. A correct VIN is a must, or you will get only the basic entune functionality. To get Pandora, iHeart, etc you need the Entune app running and connected on your smart phone.

But to even sign up with Entune you need a VIN of VALID - meaning a VIN for a truck that CAME with an Entune unit. Base audio won't cut it.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Navigation Unit in 2013 - works-photo.jpg  
Old 11-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #15
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5vic View Post
What 4wd switch is that? (Sorry for the stupid question)
4Runner switch. OP, just curious, I saw that thread a while back of the guy who fitted a 4runner knob but he said he was going to post pics but then fell off the face of the earth, not to mention all the links he posted are dead. How well does the knob fit? And is the wiring hard to do? I guess I should say, is it pretty much plug in play?

I know those knobs cost somewhere around $60 so I haven't ever wanted to go for it.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
subbing for future reference
Old 11-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
merkwürdigliebe

yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
4Runner switch. OP, just curious, I saw that thread a while back of the guy who fitted a 4runner knob but he said he was going to post pics but then fell off the face of the earth, not to mention all the links he posted are dead. How well does the knob fit? And is the wiring hard to do? I guess I should say, is it pretty much plug in play?

I know those knobs cost somewhere around $60 so I haven't ever wanted to go for it.

The knob pops right in, exact fit and connects to existing plug. Then if you add two pins to the existing plug and tap into the console lighting (say behind the HVAC), you will have a lighted switch.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
Negative Ghostrider

Army:
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogster View Post
The knob pops right in, exact fit and connects to existing plug. Then if you add two pins to the existing plug and tap into the console lighting (say behind the HVAC), you will have a lighted switch.
Thanks for the information! So wiring for the 4x4 functionality is plug and play and addition of backlighting is what requires the extra wiring?

I saw this writeup earlier today and it sounds like it is exactly how you described the process:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...wd-switch.html
Old 11-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #19
merkwürdigliebe

yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Thanks for the information! So wiring for the 4x4 functionality is plug and play and addition of backlighting is what requires the extra wiring?

I saw this writeup earlier today and it sounds like it is exactly how you described the process:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...wd-switch.html

Right, plug-n-play for the 4X4, the led is already present in the switch, you just need to energize. So the first parts of that post you will not need to do - that's for adding lighting to a 2011 and earlier Tacoma's existing switch. The last two pictures show modifying the plug to add two wires to tap into the dimming circuit. The switch looks "clunkier", I guess like a 4WD switch "should" look, lol.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
merkwürdigliebe

yogster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian0128 View Post
I'm interested in this because I want the GPS. I have a 2012 TRD Off Road with the non JBL radio. It does have Sat Radio and steering wheel controls for voice though so I wonder if it would work.

I think the wire/wire pair for the steering wheel just send the signal for whatever buttons are pressed (and present). The wires and connections for the steering wheel control do not change with the addition of a Voice Control button. My guess is it will work. I looked into adding the button to my truck... Uh, not going to happen. You cannot just buy the button you need to buy the whole freakin' assembly, left and right buttons at almost $300!. Maybe I'll come across a wrecked truck and can pull one off.

That being said I have not tried the voice recognition feature yet, if I can even access without the button on the wheel. It may not be possible, but I will post my findings.