Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
josepenajr has a spectacular aura aboutjosepenajr has a spectacular aura about
josepenajr's Tacoma Gallery
looking to add a muffler.. Best sounds V6 TACO

what would you all recommended ? if you have any links that would be great guys
Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
aFe
Old 11-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepenajr View Post
I have a dual exhaust but I have long tube headers but hears how it sounds with open headers

Heres a link to my thread with the long tube headers:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ta-tacoma.html
Old 11-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
i looking at the flowmaster super 40
Old 11-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
I have a dual exhaust but I have long tube headers but hears how it sounds with open headers

Heres a link to my thread with the long tube headers:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...ta-tacoma.html
that sounds good
Old 11-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You're in Texas , so you don't have to worry about snow/ice/salt. Consider getting a stainless setup.

I had a flowmaster catback for 4 years that rusted at the muffler weld/joints. I ended up going back to OEM.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
TIM.TRDSparks is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired Firemen
TIM.TRDSparks's Tacoma Gallery
I have TRD and love the sound
Old 11-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Aero Turbine 2525XL
Old 11-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnoyBOS5 View Post
Aero Turbine 2525XL
I love my aero!
Old 11-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
Kurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kurdain's Tacoma Gallery
TRD, stainless and carries a great warranty.
Has a very slight rumble driving normally and a bit of a grunt when you get on it, but it is not annoying.

Takes about 3-6 months to 'break-in', I was worried at first because it was very quiet but after having it a year or so I love it.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
StayGould13 is a jewel in the roughStayGould13 is a jewel in the roughStayGould13 is a jewel in the roughStayGould13 is a jewel in the rough
Air Force: 341st MSFS
Name: Tristan
StayGould13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdain View Post
TRD, stainless and carries a great warranty.
Has a very slight rumble driving normally and a bit of a grunt when you get on it, but it is not annoying.

Takes about 3-6 months to 'break-in', I was worried at first because it was very quiet but after having it a year or so I love it.
good to hear! Installing mine on Saturday...scored it for free from the dealer because of a hassle they put me through recently...free is gonna make it sound that much sweeter
Old 11-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
what is the offset on the 2013 taco? 2.5? 3?
Old 11-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #13
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
i'm running the magnaflow pro offroad series exhaust system with the turn down before the rear axle. It's definitely loud but not ricey.....almost thought it was to loud until the GF said she liked it....So its defintily staying on the truck now...

This is the one I got...http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mp...Fcw7MgodkVoAgQ
Old 11-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #14
what is the offset on a 2013 taco muffler?

what is the offset 3 or 2.5?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
Professional Grease Monkey
JustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Maintenance
Name: J
JustAddMud's Tacoma Gallery
Woo, the ol' Exhaust Can-o-worms debate. Everyone has their own idea on what a good exhaust setup sounds like. I have the V6 taco so I knew going into my build that I was going to have the dreaded rasp! So to handle that issue I installed a resonator. My setup sounds deep at WOT and I can still talk over it with the windows rolled down at cruise. This fit my build perfectly, but yours may require something else. Take a look around and listen to sound clips to narrow down what your looking for.

I'm running Doug Thorley long tube headers, URD's performance Y-pipe, 2.5in piping to a Vibrant Performance ultra quiet resonator (cage the rasp!) and a Wicked Flows 18in Muffler all of this turned down aft of the rear axle. I'd record it but my camera mic sucks.

-J
Old 11-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #16
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepenajr View Post
Stock FTW
Old 11-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
i got the flowmaster delta 40 series
Old 11-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #18
bigbarlo is on a distinguished road