Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Least expensive way to raise truck 1"-2"?

Old 11-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #21
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo27 View Post
I have about 350$ into this
Thats not bad at all! lol

Tax season, Im doing this type of lift! WOOOT!!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
5100's really are one of those "best bang for buck" kind of items
Old 11-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #23
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Thats not bad at all! lol

Tax season, Im doing this type of lift! WOOOT!!
Just double checked.

The 5100 fronts came from downsouth motorsports and were 200$ shipped. (I regret not getting the whole kit of 4 for 300$)

The 3 leaf add a leaf came from wheelers offroad, and they were about 175$ shipped.

So I have about 375$ shipped into my suspension. I suggest dropping the extra hundred bucks and get all 4 5100s at the same time.

:beer:
Old 11-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
I thought this would run me over a grand. Shit for that price, Im getting these for sure next year. I just purchased a full set of skids if not i would be purchasing right now! lol
Old 11-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #25
Charlie14 is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
Charlie14's Tacoma Gallery
Try these http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...FTJp7AodrAEArQ
For the price you can't go wrong and if they dont work you aren't out much. I know a few guys that run these, not on Tacomas but it serves their purpose and keeps the ride factory like.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #26
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach coils up front = 1.6 lift
Old 11-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #27
Skrain is on a distinguished road

Navy: B.T.3 U.S.S. Meredith DD890
Skrain's Tacoma Gallery
AAL? 5100?
Exactly what are these? I'm kinda new here, and would also like to raise my 06 TRD Doublecab about 2" without getting into megabucks...
Old 11-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #28
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: P.J.-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrain View Post
AAL? 5100?
Exactly what are these? I'm kinda new here, and would also like to raise my 06 TRD Doublecab about 2" without getting into megabucks...
AAL's are an acronym for Add-A-Leaf(to the rear leaf pack,should have three or four depending on model-year),it has several uses,,increasing load capacity, leveling, or lifting, larger tires, and possibly smoothing out the ride depending on configuration. The 5100's are the Bilstein shocks, again used for same reasons...I suggest you save your lunch money and buy 4 Bilsteins(Billies), 2 Eibach coils, an AAL, or progressive pack,some Nitto Trail Grappler's and find something not asphalt to drive on ....Then I will tell you about Total Chaos UCA's....Baby steps...That is all... #enjoy
Old 11-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #30
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: P.J.-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota243 View Post
There wAS thread of a guy who got some air shocks and put them on his truck and they were like $60 for two. just sayin.
Didn't he hafta' stop at every gas station and pump the left one up...and with Air at .75 cents nowadays, ya think he woulda' JB welded the hole by now......#dummy
Old 11-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #31
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUF ROWD View Post
Didn't he hafta' stop at every gas station and pump the left one up...and with Air at .75 cents nowadays, ya think he woulda' JB welded the hole by now......#dummy
I'm not sure if I need to laugh, cry, or double check my math, and part of me wants some of what ur on.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #32
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach springs, 5100s set at .85 and aal in rear will give about 2.5" lift and you still should be in spec for alignment with stock ucas. At least my brothers truck was and looks great.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #34
Skrain is on a distinguished road

Navy: B.T.3 U.S.S. Meredith DD890
Skrain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

AAL's are an acronym for Add-A-Leaf(to the rear leaf pack,should have three or four depending on model-year),it has several uses,,increasing load capacity, leveling, or lifting, larger tires, and possibly smoothing out the ride depending on configuration. The 5100's are the Bilstein shocks, again used for same reasons...I suggest you save your lunch money and buy 4 Bilsteins(Billies), 2 Eibach coils, an AAL, or progressive pack,some Nitto Trail Grappler's and find something not asphalt to drive on ....Then I will tell you about Total Chaos UCA's....Baby steps...That is all... #enjoy
Well, finding something other then pavement to drive on is no problem, since I live 3 miles from the nearest asphalt, on gravel roads and a logging road...
Old 11-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #35
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where you at in N. 'Bama there YotaBreath..
Lil town called danville bout 10 miles west of hartselle (als largest dry city) u a transplant?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #36
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOlin View Post
Ok so i know theres alot of discussion over this, but with the Billies on the front, if you put them to 2" will you be ok with the stock UCA's if just doing moderate off roading?
Billies for the front come with 3 available settings: .85", 1.75" and 2.5", not sure about you UCA/of-roading inquiry
Old 11-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #39

yota243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Grew up catching largemouth on Guntersville Lake.
I installed a tornado shelter in gville this week. I've caught a few spots out of it myself.