Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Least expensive way to raise truck 1"-2"?

Old 11-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #41
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
get bilstein 5100s and eibach springs, set bilsteins at .85 and the eibach springs give you like 1.6" if lift i believe, you can get them as a package from toytec

Lets get another one of these going guys =)

Old 11-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #43
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieEndo View Post
get bilstein 5100s and eibach springs, set bilsteins at .85 and the eibach springs give you like 1.6" if lift i believe, you can get them as a package from toytec
How does it ride with the taller springs vs using the OEM springs? My 5100s are set a 1.75 right now. I wanna bring the fronts up a bit more, so its either adjust them up to 2.5" or installer taller springs.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #44
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
Hockey Pucks
Old 11-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #45
Kasbien is on a distinguished road

Kasbien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
I did it on my 2012. I set the billys at 1.75 on the front and it leveled the truck out with my 4 stock leafs in the back. It road like stock.
After seeing this, I think this will be the future route for me to take since I'm not into off-roading yet and don't need the 2"-3" lift I have right now.
I have a spacer lift in the truck left behind from previous owner and I HATE it. Because of it, I avoid speed bumps or any other changes in flat pavement at all costs.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #46
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
whenever I need to lift my truck, I borrow a neighbors jack

and that sir, is free
Old 11-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #47
stumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumblestacks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stumblestacks's Tacoma Gallery
I went with OME heavy load Dakars with AAL and 883 coils with OME nitrochargers all around. It's pretty stiff unloaded, but rides great with some weight in back. The front was stiff before I put on my bumper and winch, now it rides perfectly. I destroyed two sets of leafs before I added 4.5 inch bumpstops mounted on the frame. Now it never goes into negative arch even at "full stuff." I went with the soft energy suspension bumpstops. They compress a lot so you barely feel it when the leafs hit them. Blocks and spacers are cheap and fine for looks, but as others have said, no good for off road. spacers change your spring rate, limit up travel, and overextend down travel. Blocks focus the weight on the contact points on your leafs and the "flat spot" changes the way they flex. I back OME after they replaced 2 sets of negative arched leafs free on warranty, even though it was my fault for not extending my bumpstops equal to the amount of lift. 3rd time's the charm. This setup handles great on freeways, windy bumpy roads, washboard, sand, and rocks. Some say you should shim your axle and move your drive shaft bearing to compensate for the increase in drive shaft angle/extension. I didn't, 2 years with no problems. Time will tell.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #48
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieEndo View Post

Lets get another one of these going guys =)

^^ Bad ass truck!!^^
Old 11-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #49
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery

Lots of these