1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ironman 4x4 Load Plus helper springs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Marcoc, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Nov 7, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    Marcoc

Marcoc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road LB
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR LB white w/tech package
    Anyone try these helper springs yet? I have a 2010 TRD DCSB OR 4x4 with Toytec 2" AAL and 2.5" front spacer and the truck sits perfect unloaded. I thought the AAL would add a little more load handling capability but when I use my truck as intended with loads of eco bricks or firewood for example my nose points to the sky and the truck drags ass again only when loaded. I thought about adding these helper springs due to the fact that they are under $100 and they add no gain in lift what are individuals thoughts on these. http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/load_plus.html

2. Nov 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    FTD

FTD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Everything I've read here leads me to think you're wasting your time with helpers. I have the same problem. The root of the problem is simply this; the Toyota rear springs are shit. You're going to have to replace them all, as will I. Sucks, but for those of us who want to use our trucks to carry things, that's simply what we're going to have to do.

3. Nov 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    Marcoc

Marcoc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road LB
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR LB white w/tech package
    found another company called ************** and they carry Hellwig helper springs for load level capacity in either 550, 1000, or 2000lbs capacity. from what i understand they assist loads by not allowing spring to sag with a wieght below that rating. So for example a helper spring of 1000 lbs wont allow the springs to sag untill the load was more than 1000lbs. I am thinking this is how they work.

Products Discussed in

To Top