1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 RC Base to 2013/2014 Baja

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RC Base07, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Nov 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    RC Base07

RC Base07 [OP] Member

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Reg Cab
    BHLM, secondary air filter removed, Fatbobs
    I am trying to upgrade from a Base RC 07 to a 2013/14 Baja. The problem is I cant find one anywhere. I am in the Savannah area and have had no luck down to St Augustine, FL and as far north as SC. Now I am considering purchasing a 2x4 SR5 V6 and putting the Baja suspension and wheels on it. I do no off-roading, I really just want the Baja for the look (minus the go fast graphic on the side). Regardless of your opinion on the Baja, I want it because it comes with a warranty, I like the wheels and the suspension/lift. That is why I am considering just going the SR5 route and have the dealership install the wheels and suspension. But here is my dilemma..first, I cant find the Baja and I have priced them right around 30K (I use USAA car buying service which has no hassle prices), and when I priced the SR5 2x4 V6 it came out to 25K. To me the juice isnt worth the squeeze in spending that much money on the SR5 2x4 when for 5G more I can get the full package. Looking for opinions/alternate routes.

I guess my question is, for those that have purchased the Baja, where did you get it from?

2. Nov 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    monkeyface

monkeyface Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '90,'97,'12,'05 Tundra 4.7,'07 T4R 4.7,'08 T4R 4.7
    The Baja off the lot is too expensive, IMO. If you can get the suspension online it fits on any 6-lugger. The beauty of it is it's designed for 2012+ trucks with all the electronic nannies so there isn't issues with VSC/ABS and whatever going nuts on you.

3. Nov 16, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    RC Base07

RC Base07 [OP] Member

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Reg Cab
    BHLM, secondary air filter removed, Fatbobs
    I had the dealership see what they could do for a SR5 2x4 V6. Told me 29K. No thanks. Looks like I will just keep my truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top