Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New speakers making my doors rattle bad

Old 11-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
ajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
ajw1986's Tacoma Gallery
New speakers making my doors rattle bad

I put in my new speakers and when the bass kicks in my doors rattle and it's extremely annoying. Is there a relatively easy fix for this?
Old 11-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Did you trim your interior skins? They could be contacting the new speakers - there's an interior ring of plastic on the skin you might have to trim. Plus, add some dynamite to the skin where it rattles.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
ajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
ajw1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Did you trim your interior skins? They could be contacting the new speakers - there's an interior ring of plastic on the skin you might have to trim. Plus, add some dynamite to the skin where it rattles.
Well they rattled a bit before and I put in new 6x9's and there's more bass now so it intensified. I looked at dynamat and they have 1 distributor for canada and their site doesn't even show it
Old 11-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw1986 View Post
Well they rattled a bit before and I put in new 6x9's and there's more bass now so it intensified. I looked at dynamat and they have 1 distributor for canada and their site doesn't even show it
My drivers side stock speaker rattles too.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
RobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
RobD's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.b-quiet.com/compare.html

These guys are out of Lethbridge. I have used their stuff on my old 4Runner as well as my Tacoma. Works wonders and they ship quickly.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #8
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Plus, add some dynamite to the skin where it rattles.
That'll get rid of the rattles all right!
Old 11-10-2013, 03:33 AM   #9
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
... Plus, add some dynamite to the skin where it rattles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Scorcho View Post
The Dynamat is what my son uses when he does speaker installs. I didn't use any when I upgraded my speakers and wish I had cuz I have the heavy bass rattle in my passenger door. If/when I do the leather armrest mod I'm gonna put some in.

+1 for Guy on a Buffalo!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #10
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Scorcho View Post
Chalk up another one to auto-correct!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #11
Tacomamba is on a distinguished road
Tacomamba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw1986 View Post
I put in my new speakers and when the bass kicks in my doors rattle and it's extremely annoying. Is there a relatively easy fix for this?
Dana mat the doors or keep it stock. Those jobs are bad bad for stock. I love the sound. This truck was setup purposely for me from factory
Old 11-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #12

By the way, I had to take my skins off 4 or 5 times to adjust fit, add dynamat, tape things, etc. before I had hard bass without rattles. I even put a 1/2" strip of dynamat across the speaker cover part of the skin to reinforce it. Didn't seem to block any sound, didn't show through the other side and really dampened the skin. Was worth it though. My truck had the weakest OEM system I'd ever heard in a $30k vehicle.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
RobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
RobD's Tacoma Gallery
Products like Dynamat only make the panels heavier, cutting down on resonance. They will not block sound. That's where closed cell foam comes in. You need to use a couple different layers of deadening/sound absorbers.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
What's that I can't hear you!