Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Removing chrome badges?

Old 11-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
kevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt., Stinger missile gunner, 86-94
kevine's Tacoma Gallery
Removing chrome badges?

I'm considering removing the badges. I've heard of using a blow dryer with string. Just wondering if fishing string works or should I be doing something totally different. Thx
Old 11-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I squirt 3M cleaner 3-4-5x along the top of the emblem, let it work in, squirt more along the top (don't be in a hurry) using your fingers just lift a corner of the emblem and squirt more cleaner along the top. Take your time and let the cleaner do the work. The emblems come right off and any left over on the truck just use your fingernail to remove. No wires or hairdryers
Old 11-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
aaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: aaron
aaronbuell's Tacoma Gallery
I used a heat gun and some old Berkley line I had on an old reel not sure what test it was more than 10lb I think. The line broke a few times but worked fine.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
There is already so much information on here about de-badging. Please use the search function and read.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcrna View Post
There is already so much information on here about de-badging. Please use the search function and read.
Offering the power of suggestion is nice. But maybe you could have did some searching yourself and pulled up a thread or two for the OP. Because really, your post adds nothing to the thread. It's more of a hindrance than a help.

Like this....http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ally-gone.html
Old 11-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
rickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickcrna is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
rickcrna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
Offering the power of suggestion is nice. But maybe you could have did some searching yourself and pulled up a thread or two for the OP. Because really, your post adds nothing to the thread. It's more of a hindrance than a help.

Like this....http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ally-gone.html
My post was not meant to be a "hindrance" as you claim. However, I find your response very offensive and rather idiotic.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
kevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt., Stinger missile gunner, 86-94
kevine's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, and I apologize for my laziness for not using the search function. I had used it before and that's how I found out about the heat gun/blow dryer/string method. Thanks again Steve for the adhesive removal tip. I have to assume that it did not affect the finish of the paint.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcrna View Post
My post was not meant to be a "hindrance" as you claim. However, I find your response very offensive and rather idiotic.
So I guess that it's okay for you to point out to someone in being lazy for not using the search function. I guess you don't like it that someone did it to you. Kind of hypocritical. So stop calling the kettle black, when your tea pot.