Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TIER 3 Films TripleThreat Truck Trials

Old 11-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Post TIER 3 Films TripleThreat Truck Trials

TIER 3 Films TripleThreat Truck Trials
I take my truck on trails and offroading but this is something new I have been getting into with my truck. I will post more videos up from each trip I make to the to see what this truck can do performance wise under diffrent conditions and but together a multiple spectrum of what a Toyota can do!

I will post all Trials on this thread to keep it simple. I will probably need help getting this thing through the different set ups and I will video tape and document with pictures all the mods I come up with and complete to help out fellow tacoma owners on TW.

I will modify my truck according to the type of trial I do like I am currently fitting a long travel kit on my truck for baja races. I know there are already pictures and videos of these trials including long travel tacomas but I am adding them to my website as a goal to get several different setups preformed with one truck being modified for each set up to show people what this truck can do!

My goals is to get all of these trials complete and have them all in one place to be shown for all to see what we can do with our toyotas. I will be open to anyone wanting to participate in any of the trials if you are my area.

I will be taking my truck through multiple trials:
-Towing Status: Completed

-Heavy Off Roading Status: Standing By

-Baja Off Road Racing Status: Standing By

-Auto Cross Status: Standing By

-Circuit track racing Status: Planning Stage

-Drag Racing Status: Started

Drag Strip first video up!

(please let me know if there is another type of trial you would like me to try)
Old 11-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Post Trials Post and Updates

Trials Post and Updates

I will be taking my truck through multiple trials:
-Towing
My truck was able to tow this Toyota Forerunner which my buddy needed towed after buying it due to its drive train.
Weighed: 4,639 pounds
For: 3 Hours and 13mins
Distance: 216 miles
Towed at an average speed: 55 mph using a two wheel trailer

Conclusion: Was able to tow 4,500 pound truck for 3 hours which shows what this truck can do! Did not mod my truck at all for this the trans cooler worked its magic and the scan gauge told me the transmission temp and such along the way. No issues! the whole way i'll see if I can do better!

Had to unlink the driveshaft because of the pump in the rear axle?

-Heavy Off Roading Incomplete

-Baja Off Road Racing Incomplete

-Auto Cross Incomplete

-Circuit track racing Incomplete

-Drag Racing Started!
Drag Strip first video up!
Heres what happened:

http://youtu.be/nUL-cG09eGQ

http://youtu.be/lJdo4IW-EPM

Old 11-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #3

*!*Spacer*!* Saved for future post
Old 11-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
There is no pump in the rear axle. I bet it's an automatic trans, and your buddy was worried about the pump in there. If it's a manual, just throw it in neutral and go. Any 4wd with a neutral position in the t-case can be towed without removing drivelines too. You would be money ahead to buy a racetruck already built and score tagged if you are going to race. Seriously, it's an expensive build and your truck will be barely streetable when you are done.

This complete truck costs less than my build, and my rig is not race legal.
http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=59025
Old 11-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
ajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajw1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
ajw1986's Tacoma Gallery
What engine mods do you have on your truck? Just curious how a tacoma beat a challenger lol
Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
There is no pump in the rear axle. I bet it's an automatic trans, and your buddy was worried about the pump in there. If it's a manual, just throw it in neutral and go. Any 4wd with a neutral position in the t-case can be towed without removing drivelines too.
It was a manual with full time 4x4 but I guess we might not have had to remove the drivelines I had never heard of that pump getting messed up from not being cooled but both the buyer and seller agreed it needed to be done for the trip. I see RVs with vehicles being towed all the time im sure some of them are manual and automatic as well so I did'nt see a big deal.

Quote:
You would be money ahead to buy a racetruck already built and score tagged if you are going to race. Seriously, it's an expensive build and your truck will be barely streetable when you are done.

This complete truck costs less than my build, and my rig is not race legal.
http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=59025
Yeah
Good Idea I'll shop around and see what I can come up with is that your truck you linked for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw1986 View Post
What engine mods do you have on your truck? Just curious how a tacoma beat a challenger lol
I beat two challengers and it is Supercharged with a dual exaust with an x pipe which has the exhaust going striaght back to the rear it is a true dual exaust no Y pipe or anything. Then some URD upgrades such as the MAF calibrator which I have connected. I had every seat pulled out, glove compartment off, center console safe was removed, and sub woofers basically everything involving weight and I keep the spare tire on my truck
Thier more things I do but it will be a long thread.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #7
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post

Yeah
Good Idea I'll shop around and see what I can come up with is that your truck you linked for sale?
That's not my truck, mine is the black one down there \/. If you are serious about weight loss, click the build thread link. You can lose at least 600 lbs more by ditching the stock seats, bed, and inner fenders.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #8

Quote:
That's not my truck, mine is the black one down there \/. If you are serious about weight loss, click the build thread link. You can lose at least 600 lbs more by ditching the stock seats, bed, and inner fenders.
Nice I liked your videos as well and I am Tier3rides on Youtube add me as a contact. But I looked at your build I guess I have some more mods to do and here I was thinking I was done!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #9

update

Alright im processing the dragstrip videos a couple more upgrades and i'll call this complete!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Very cool sleeper!

What did it run in the 1/8th?
12.7 im so excited and 1/8 is 8.3!

edit: Heres some home footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ysO1mIvFWw
Old 12-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
12.7 im so excited and 1/8 is 8.3!

edit: Heres some home footage
You wouldn't happen to have your time slips for your 1/4 mile runs would you? If you ran a 12.7 you are the fastest Tacoma I know of. Are you running NOS perhaps?

The fastest I know of is SuperWerty's and he ran a 12.93. When it comes to drag racing, all of the 2wd guys (like the X-runners) don't have enough weight on the rear tires to get enough traction for a good launch. Werty is a 4wd and launches in 4wd allowing him to get enough traction to run good times.
http://youtu.be/73xdygnTRO0

Not sure if you have been over to this site, but it's where all the Tacoma speed freaks hang.
http://www.xr-underground.com/
Old 02-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
You wouldn't happen to have your time slips for your 1/4 mile runs would you? If you ran a 12.7 you are the fastest Tacoma I know of. Are you running NOS perhaps?

The fastest I know of is SuperWerty's and he ran a 12.93. When it comes to drag racing, all of the 2wd guys (like the X-runners) don't have enough weight on the rear tires to get enough traction for a good launch. Werty is a 4wd and launches in 4wd allowing him to get enough traction to run good times.
http://youtu.be/73xdygnTRO0

Not sure if you have been over to this site, but it's where all the Tacoma speed freaks hang.
http://www.xr-underground.com/
Im running methane injection and ice in the reservoir for the cooling system along with a 5.55 pulley but I didnt mean 12.7 on the quarter that was my stock time and madtoy was asking me what my 1/8 time. The I wish I had a 12.7 but since I was in florida there is an elevation diffrence so im unsure what I could run there not to mention temperature diffrence.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #14
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im running methane injection and ice in the reservoir for the cooling system along with a 5.55 pulley but I didnt mean 12.7 on the quarter that was my stock time and madtoy was asking me what my 1/8 time. The I wish I had a 12.7 but since I was in florida there is an elevation diffrence so im unsure what I could run there not to mention temperature diffrence.
Ah got ya. The way you worded it confused me I guess.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Ah got ya. The way you worded it confused me I guess.
No I see it haha trust me I can see why I should have used the keyboard a little more haha