Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show us your Silver Sky Metallic

Old 11-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
AZ hunter is on a distinguished road
Name: Kade
AZ hunter's Tacoma Gallery
Show us your Silver Sky Metallic

I thought it would be cool for all of us SSM owners to share pictures, ideas, etc. I'll start.

2014 DCSB TRD OR 4x4 the day I bought it.

After I got it home from getting the tires swapped. I put on 265/75/r16s. I have since plastidipped the emblems.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell?! When did they start calling it silver SKY metallic? I wonder if it is any different than the silver STREAK metallic I have on mine. Looks pretty much the same in the pic as far as I can tell
Old 11-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
duckfan is a splendid one to beholdduckfan is a splendid one to beholdduckfan is a splendid one to beholdduckfan is a splendid one to beholdduckfan is a splendid one to beholdduckfan is a splendid one to beholdduckfan is a splendid one to behold
duckfan's Tacoma Gallery
I saw both silvers next to each other at the dealer today. The Silver Sky is a little bit darker than Silver Streak.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just googled the paint codes and they are different. 1E7 for me and 1D6 for the new silver.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Well this is going to mess up the whole SSM abbreviation we have become accustomed to...

Old 11-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Well this is going to mess up the whole SSM abbreviation we have become accustomed to...

SSM 1 and SSM 2 haha
Old 11-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
What the hell?! When did they start calling it silver SKY metallic? I wonder if it is any different than the silver STREAK metallic I have on mine. Looks pretty much the same in the pic as far as I can tell
The new silver this year is called Silver Sky Metallic, before this year there was Silver Streak Mica. Silver sky metallic is noticeably darker in person.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
Vantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
Sky is a much nicer darker colour. I saw it the other day and it looks quite a bit better than my SSM1

It almost looks matte in comparison.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
I plan on buying a 2014 in February-- I liked the Magnetic Grey Metallic, but it was just too dark--I liked the Silver Streak, but it was just so light. Maybe this new shade is just right?
Does anyone have pictures of the new Silver Sky Metallic with a black front plate bumper?
Old 11-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
I plan on buying a 2014 in February-- I liked the Magnetic Grey Metallic, but it was just too dark--I liked the Silver Streak, but it was just so light. Maybe this new shade is just right?
Does anyone have pictures of the new Silver Sky Metallic with a black front plate bumper?
I was in the same predicament the Mag grey and SSM1. I was going to go with Pyrite mica and then I saw the SSM2 and fell in love. It's a nice in between option and looks great with tinted windows, black emblems, etc. I'm sure a black plate bumper would look sick.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ hunter View Post
I was in the same predicament the Mag grey and SSM1. I was going to go with Pyrite mica and then I saw the SSM2 and fell in love. It's a nice in between option and looks great with tinted windows, black emblems, etc. I'm sure a black plate bumper would look sick.

Thanks! Your truck looks great! You keeping it stock or making upgrades?
Old 11-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #12

The biggest thing I love about mine is that it hides dirt and pinstriping/scratches very very well. I wonder if the new one will do better or worse because it is slightly darker.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know man. When I first saw the Silver Sky I though it was more towards Gray-ish color, compared to the true Silver of the Silver Streak Mica.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #16
Mama didn't raise no fool
slaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant futureslaphappy has a brilliant future

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Travis
slaphappy's Tacoma Gallery
The Silver Sky color seems to have more depth to it than the Silver Streak.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #17
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
the silver STREAK metallic
You're thinking of Silver Streak Mica
Old 11-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #19
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Eff it. Sky or streak, here's my silver taco. Haha
Attachment 241346
Far left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter517 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

my silver taco!
You're both doing it wrong
Old 11-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
You're thinking of Silver Streak Mica
yep your right. Haha