Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Finally made my Custom Grill

Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Tight and Right
BluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: AACOFD
Name: Randy
BluntTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Finally made my Custom Grill

I've been thinking this up for a while and finally got around to do it. It took me around 5 hours. I used EMT tubing and painted it all with the spray on bed liner. I'm happy with it.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
larrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura aboutlarrybbaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: larry
larrybbaker's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. Different! Nice work.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Atomic47 is on a distinguished road

Name: Denis
Atomic47's Tacoma Gallery
Unique! Looks great. Kudos to you!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Russell
Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, unique look.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
mysticblu3 is on a distinguished road
mysticblu3's Tacoma Gallery
That looks great! Nice job!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #7
PabloPicasso is on a distinguished road
PabloPicasso's Tacoma Gallery
Unique!! I dig it
Old 11-10-2013, 02:40 AM   #8
thie-trickster
ducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud of

Name: Chris
ducati's Tacoma Gallery
Good job. Looks great!
Old 11-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #9
Tight and Right
BluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys! Are these pics showing right side up. I'm having problems with the forums photos. I rotate them and then log in next time and they are upside down again.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:30 AM   #10
beondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of light

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at those pics, I thought maybe you were in Australia!

I like what you did with the emt. How did you attach the lengths to the grill shell?
Old 11-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #11
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
i like it! Ive also contemplated doing something new besides a satoshi mesh. Yours is nice and clean too
Old 11-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
Tight and Right

Thumbs up

So they are still upside down?

I extended the sides with the fiberglass kit then drilled the holes with a 1" hole saw. Cut the piping to length and painted to let dry. Then slid the pipes in and epoxy in place. I filled in any gaps on visible side with black silicone and then painted the entire grill again.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #14
Atomic47 is on a distinguished road

Name: Denis
Atomic47's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures are right-side-up for me!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #15
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice! I like it
Old 11-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #16
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Like it!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #17
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
you should do lower valence to match.. probably would only be 1 tube
Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
BigDogTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
BigDogTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Impressive!