Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear High Clearance Bumper Build

Old 03-13-2014, 10:42 PM   #81
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
any update on this?
Old 03-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #82
Dusty taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Elijah
Dusty taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thmanhawkfan View Post
This is a great build OP. Lots of creativity! Definitely diggin the fuel can holder with that ratchet on top plate.
X2
Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #83
tweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud of
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
any update on this?
Yes. This has been a slow weekend on going process. Sorry for the delay. I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow of the whole thing. It's pretty much done, just finishing the fold down table I decided to add as an after thought.

In the mean time, here are a couple teasers

Old 03-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #84
tweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud oftweeek has much to be proud of
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the finished product with new mud flaps.

Fold down cooking table

Latch for cook table

Hinge for table support legs. A little ghetto but it works. Some real weld on hinges would have been nice, like how the table itself hinges, but I had this crap laying around.

Fueling mode

I extended the handles on the Destaco latches to give a little more leverage so the wifey can operate. Much easier to open and Latch. With the T handle, I can open both swing arms in one motion, by grabbing the top, or just one at a time.

Ratchet mechanism.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #85
DCLB13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabriel
DCLB13's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome ideas and execution! You are the M A N ! ! !
Old 03-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #86
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

very nice!!! I like the added table, nice touch! ... by the way, what kinda welder were you using for all this? I've got most the metal i need now to start mine but I'm still lookin for the welder
Old 03-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #87
Factory Pilot
TxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shedTxFireman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Water Sprayer & naysayer
TxFireman's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome work, OP. Turned out great! Now enjoy the fruits if your labors.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:32 AM   #88
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Looks pretty awesome.
How much you figure you have invested in it?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #89
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rear High Clearance Bumper Build

I have been looking at summit machine's site and can't find the spindle. They have a poly bushing that looks similar but nothing that looks like that spindle. How do they have it listed?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #90
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doesn't help that their online store is down...
Old 03-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #91
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
I have been looking at summit machine's site and can't find the spindle. They have a poly bushing that looks similar but nothing that looks like that spindle. How do they have it listed?
Their online store has been offline for a long time. I would suggest contacting them. I bought the spindles from a fabricator that uses them for his builds. Cruisinoffroad.com
Old 03-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #92
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
very nice!!! I like the added table, nice touch! ... by the way, what kinda welder were you using for all this? I've got most the metal i need now to start mine but I'm still lookin for the welder
It is a 180amp Lincoln Mig Pack. I use 100% co2 with it, only because I was able to get the bottle for nothing argon mix would probably be best. Realistically, 3/16 is probably the thickest it welds with really good penetration. 1/4 works well, but is at its upper limit for sure. Good enough for 99% of what I need around the garage.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeek View Post
Their online store has been offline for a long time. I would suggest contacting them. I bought the spindles from a fabricator that uses them for his builds. Cruisinoffroad.com

Does this guy have them listed on his site? What did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeek View Post
It is a 180amp Lincoln Mig Pack. I use 100% co2 with it, only because I was able to get the bottle for nothing argon mix would probably be best. Realistically, 3/16 is probably the thickest it welds with really good penetration. 1/4 works well, but is at its upper limit for sure. Good enough for 99% of what I need around the garage.

thanks!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:38 AM   #95
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Does this guy have them listed on his site? What did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?
No, I contacted him direct. I am in Canada though (Cruisinoffroad.com is too) you would be best to contact summit direct. They have a phone number and email on their site. They were about $100 each. Not cheap, but imo, the best on the market.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:20 PM   #96
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Getting some dirt on it

Old 04-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #97

I noticed your mounting plates don't wrap under to grab the bolt holes on the bottom of the frame... have you noticed the bumper bending or shifting to either side under stress without that attachment point?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:11 AM   #98
tweeek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I noticed your mounting plates don't wrap under to grab the bolt holes on the bottom of the frame... have you noticed the bumper bending or shifting to either side under stress without that attachment point?
Hmm, the mounting plates do wrap under the frame. There are 3 bolts on the side and two underneith.

Heres a pic before paint that shpws the gusseted bottom. Is this what you are referring to?

Old 04-06-2014, 05:17 PM   #99

Yup! I had looked at this pic before but I guess it just didn't register that it was upside down er somethin, thanks tho!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #100
Tacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Off Course is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austin
Tacoma Off Course's Tacoma Gallery
Great work man!