1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best rear bumper under $400

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tn2012taco, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Nov 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    tn2012taco

tn2012taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunnin Trooper
    Plasti-dipped wheels, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, 1 in. block in rear, CB in center console, 12V outlet in console, weathertechs, N-FAB wheel-to-wheel 3in. tube, Action packer cheap toolbox, Spidertraxx 1.25" spacers, Kensun 5000K in fogs, K&N drop-in filter, foglight anytime mod, Anytime Panty-dropper mod.
    I hate to do this, I'm sure I could do some research and find something, but what do you all think the best rear bumper, stock or otherwise, is for 400 or less? And if stock, I plan to color match. Opinions, links, anything would be appreciated. And it needs to be able to fit the stock tow hitch.

Story on needing a new one: I was towing a crappy lawn trailer moving out of an apartment. The latch is old and stretched out on the trailer, and it came off the ball and had a field day with my bumper, and hit the tailgate once. It's only cosmetic, but the rear needs to be replaced completely.

2. Nov 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    mloco575

mloco575 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC long bed
    Got pics?

3. Nov 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    92dlxman

92dlxman drinking whats on sale

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 access 4x4 4.0 6-gear
    5100s, ome884s, wheelers aal kit, and some rustoleum
    im sure you could find some one's white rear bumper in the for sale thread for cheaps if you look hard.

if your not doing any crazy wheeling I don't see a need to go aftermarket, they are quite epensive in my opinion and wont add much for departure angle without ditching the factory tow setup. I guess if you have plans for another trailer mishap then 1/4" plate would hold up lol. sorry to hear about your stocker. . . . mine is a little beat up as well

4. Nov 14, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    tn2012taco

tn2012taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunnin Trooper
    Plasti-dipped wheels, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, 1 in. block in rear, CB in center console, 12V outlet in console, weathertechs, N-FAB wheel-to-wheel 3in. tube, Action packer cheap toolbox, Spidertraxx 1.25" spacers, Kensun 5000K in fogs, K&N drop-in filter, foglight anytime mod, Anytime Panty-dropper mod.
    The only stock replacement I've seen is the Action Crash Value line. And I don't particularly like the word 'value'. Anybody have any input on that?\

Products Discussed in

To Top