Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How does this deal sound?

Old 09-21-2007, 08:19 AM   #1
josefmd is on a distinguished road

josefmd's Tacoma Gallery
How does this deal sound?

Hi,

07 Rad red access cab 4x4, 2.7 4 banger, SR5 pkg, allum wheels, floormats for $21,944 +TTL orig MSRP $24,844 I am trading in my 05 EVO MR with 13,000 miles, so the tax amount is going to be 0, since my trade in amount is higher than the price of the truck.
I have also been trying to get them to do a dealer trade for a white TRD OR pkg w/ tow pkg, and bedmat. The best price I have been quoted is $26,300 with the rebate. I am so torn between the V6 TRD, and settling on the 4 banger without all the goodies. I am not planning on doing a lot of off roading, but I just don't want to regret getting the base model latter dwn the road. Should I take the deal on the Red one or get searching for a loaded TRD.

Matt
Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Definately get the TRD, i would have regretted it if i didnt
Old 09-24-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Definately get the TRD, i would have regretted it if i didnt
I agree, if you can afford the TRD it's the way to go.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:33 AM   #4

josefmd's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I am def getting the TRD off road pkg. I am still going back and forth and either the dc or access. I am leaning towards the dc since I have two kids and it would be easier for a practiabliy standpoint.
I have other issues too! I have a buyer for my car, and I trying to work out a deal so the buyer for my car and I do the transaction at the same time to save me arount $1500 in taxes
I am shooting for $27,500 OTD for a MY07.

Matt
Old 09-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
If you will ever need a backseat for anyone larger than 4 feet tall, get a double cab. I would have gotten one if they offered it in the 2.7L.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #6
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I travel alot and usually have at least one other person with me so i love having the double cab. plenty of room for people and luggage, especially if it is nasty outside and youdont want to pack the bed. cant go wrong with the 4door
Old 09-24-2007, 12:23 PM   #7

josefmd's Tacoma Gallery
ndcouch,

Do you have any pics of your truck? I just got an offer of $27,3XX OTD for
the black, DC, OR pkg. I always said that I would never buy a black vehicle again, but again

Take it easy,

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I travel alot and usually have at least one other person with me so i love having the double cab. plenty of room for people and luggage, especially if it is nasty outside and youdont want to pack the bed. cant go wrong with the 4door
Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #8

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefmd View Post
ndcouch,

Do you have any pics of your truck? I just got an offer of $27,3XX OTD for
the black, DC, OR pkg. I always said that I would never buy a black vehicle again, but again

Take it easy,

Matt
Yeah i have some pics posted. Just click on the "camera" icon on the right side of this post and it will take you to my picture gallary. The first set of pics are me at midnight in the mud, the second set is much better though. I love my black truck. Keeping it clean is a pain and scratches show up easily but i personally think black trucks look the best. My truck is bone stock except for the front window tint, and i got the color matched grille, all other off-road's come with chrome trim around the grille. That doesn't sound like too bad an offer. If it's an 07 you should be able to talk them down depending on where you live.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
National Champions
death valley fan is on a distinguished road

Army: Louisiana National Guard 205th Engineering Battalion Commo Section
Name: Chris
death valley fan's Tacoma Gallery
That really isn't a bad price. I just bought an 07 DC TRD Off Road with the upgraded towing package(6500 pounds) and I got out of the door for $26,800. I have the black and would not trade it for any other color.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #10

nd's Tacoma Gallery
I got the same thing you did for 26.5k 6 months ago, and since the 08's are out i think he can low ball them. He should at least try, although if they wont go down, thats stll not a bad price, it woudl just be nice to do better.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #11

josefmd's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! you guys got really awesome deals! Those are OTD prices, TTL, right. I am in Ohio, so maybe my dealers don't get much of a kick back from Toyota besides the holdback, and $500 rebate. I have got my deal worked out with my car from a out of state wholesale guy, so I have worked out a pass thru deal with a dealership to trade my car in for the price that I am selling my car for privately The bad thing is that I have not been able to get the dealer to commit to the a price quote in writing!! My fear is that they are using my tax saving deal with my car as leverage against me. The out of state buyer is having a flat bed come for the car at the dealership with the check made payable to the Toyota dealership. My tax savings is going to around $1600, so if I don't get a good price on the taco, the whole deal goes to crap!!

Matt
Old 09-24-2007, 09:28 PM   #12

josefmd's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got my deal done for a 07 blk sand prl, DC, TRD OR pkg, towing pkg, and bed mat. I ended up with a OTD price of $27,427 I tried to knock it down, but they wouldn't come down anymore. I even tried to have them throw in the bed extender, but again no can do All in all I am happy with the buying experience I received from Toyota West in Columbus, OH. I took me forever to choose between the Rad Red and the black When all was said and done the blk just looked better on this truck It is going too be a pain in the a** to keep clean, etc, but in the long run hopefully it will save me on some speeding tickets I am going to finalize the deal and pick up the truck on Thursday, and I can't wait.

Take care,

Matt
Old 09-25-2007, 06:35 AM   #13

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Glad everything worked out for you Matt. You made a good choice with the black. Its hard to keep clean but i think it looks great. Make sure you stick around the site and post up some pics and feel free to join in on any thread. Whether your asking questions or answering them we are always looking for more participants. See ya around the site!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #14
National Champions
death valley fan is on a distinguished road

Army: Louisiana National Guard 205th Engineering Battalion Commo Section
Name: Chris
death valley fan's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck. You will not regret the decision to go with the black. When it is clean there is no better looking truck on the road. Heck it's the best looking truck on the road when it's dirty.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #15

josefmd's Tacoma Gallery
Hi all,

Well I did a 180 on my buy! and I guess you would say wishy washy. This deal was by far the hardest I have ever done It was really hard getting rid of my Evo MR Also, I had the hardest descision making up my mind which color to get in the taco. My first color all along was the super white, followed by the blk sand prl and than rad red. I backed out of my deal for the blk one mainly because the dealer would not come dwn any from invoice on the 07 MY. It just made more sense to get a MY 08 for $300 more. I think I can live with my sale price of $27.8 and a OTD price of $28.2 for the 08 in super white. The deal went smooth! I called the sales manager this morning and locked in the price, and went down and spent a total of 2hrs at the dealer. What I really love is that the finance guy only tried to sell me the extended warranty! He just showed me the list of useless addons and said if you are interested in any of this stuff I can talk more about them. Not! Also, what was really awesome is that my taco just came of the truck right before I arrived at the dlr. I took delivery with 5 miles on it. All in all a great day! Sad to say goodby to my rare baby, but now there is a new love in my life.

Have a great day!

Matt

By josemfd

By josemfd

By josemfd
Old 09-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #16
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
You're going to like your truck! I got the '07 Radiant Red without 4WD because the dealer had already knocked that one down in price. I was about $27K OTD. Saturday will be 2 weeks I've had it. It's made driving fun. I've already got plans to take it camping next weekend.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #17
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, and great choice! That's a sweet looking truck, but then I'm partial to the white TRDs.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #18
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
You're going to like your truck! I got the '07 Radiant Red without 4WD because the dealer had already knocked that one down in price. I was about $27K OTD. Saturday will be 2 weeks I've had it. It's made driving fun. I've already got plans to take it camping next weekend.
Where are you camping? I'll be taking my camping on the beach that weekend. I think we're going to Port A.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great, i loved the black but white would have been my second choice and i would have put all black accesories on it. i recomend you do the same thing. White trucks with black rims = badass!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #20
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
Where are you camping? I'll be taking my camping on the beach that weekend. I think we're going to Port A.
Hold on! Another Texan! Is that ATX location a typo?

I'll be at Lake Ray Roberts, east of Denton, the other end of the state. But I grew up in South Texas and spent a few spring breaks at Port A. If anybody's ever heard of my home town, Sinton, it's because it's on the way to Port A.