Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can I drive with no alignment after Coilover install?

Old 11-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
speedaddiktion will become famous soon enoughspeedaddiktion will become famous soon enough

Name: Jaime
speedaddiktion's Tacoma Gallery
Can I drive with no alignment after Coilover install?

If so for how long?

I have to drive 120 miles tonight and just don't want to mess anything up. Is it okay to drive 120-150 before getting an alignment?
Old 11-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
MrMackey89 is just really niceMrMackey89 is just really niceMrMackey89 is just really niceMrMackey89 is just really niceMrMackey89 is just really nice
Army: I blow shit up
Name: Andrew
MrMackey89's Tacoma Gallery
Check to see if the wheel is touching the UCA or UCA is touching the coilover anywhere. If it isnt touching I would say are okay to drive for a while. But dont put it off for too long or your tires will end up like mine. f'd up!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Nmwill is on a distinguished road

Name: William
Nmwill's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift? I just put on billy 5100's a couple days ago set at 1.75. Haven't got an alignment. Tracks strait no shake or vibes. I'll get one soon. But to be honest it feels in alignment
Old 11-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
speedaddiktion will become famous soon enoughspeedaddiktion will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey89 View Post
Check to see if the wheel is touching the UCA or UCA is touching the coilover anywhere. If it isnt touching I would say are okay to drive for a while. But dont put it off for too long or your tires will end up like mine. f'd up!
I've been driving it and the Uca isn't touching the Coilover or vice versa

Only thing it does at full lock at one side hits the cab mount slightly

And will align first thing Monday

How long did you put it off that your tires got messed up?

So you guys think it's fine?
Old 11-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmwill View Post
How much lift? I just put on billy 5100's a couple days ago set at 1.75. Haven't got an alignment. Tracks strait no shake or vibes. I'll get one soon. But to be honest it feels in alignment
Just a little over 2 inches plus I had blistering 5100 set at 2.5 before these and it was aligned with those
Old 11-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
MrMackey89 is just really niceMrMackey89 is just really niceMrMackey89 is just really niceMrMackey89 is just really niceMrMackey89 is just really nice
Army: I blow shit up
Name: Andrew
MrMackey89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedaddiktion View Post
I've been driving it and the Uca isn't touching the Coilover or vice versa

Only thing it does at full lock at one side hits the cab mount slightly

And will align first thing Monday

How long did you put it off that your tires got messed up?

So you guys think it's fine?
like 5000 miles they had extremely uneven wear
Old 11-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
I would at least get the toe setting close.
With the steering wheel centered.
Measure the center point between the front of the tires and the rear of the tires. Adjust until they are close to equal. You can spray some WD40 under the tires to make the adjustment easier.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
I would at least get the toe setting close.
With the steering wheel centered.
Measure the center point between the front of the tires and the rear of the tires. Adjust until they are close to equal. You can spray some WD40 under the tires to make the adjustment easier.
The steering wheel is not off center
Old 11-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
thie-trickster
ducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud of

Name: Chris
ducati's Tacoma Gallery
I drove mine for a week waiting for an appointment. No problems.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #10
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
My alignment was so bad that any speed above 30-35 was... thrilling. I went for 4 days like that, driving to and from work, but only at low speeds through town.

So, you might be OK. You might not.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedaddiktion View Post
The steering wheel is not off center
irrelevant
Old 11-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #12
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmwill View Post
Get it aligned.... It won't feel so aligned in about 10,000 miles when your front tires are worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
irrelevant
^^This^^
Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #13

Getting it aligned right now

Thanks for all the help guys