Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WeatherTech Floorliner Fitment Question

Old 03-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
bremertaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: nuke machinist's mate
bremertaco's Tacoma Gallery
WeatherTech Floorliner Fitment Question

After plugging in info for my model ('05 access cab) at the WeatherTech website, the "Floorliner" page says it will not fit manual transmission models. I assume there is some interference between the clutch pedal and the forward-most "lip" of the Floorliner. Has anyone encountered this issue? I thought I had seen some people w/ X-Runners have these kind of mats. Can a notch be cut out of the front lip of the mat? Is it as straight-forward as that?
Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 03-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a manual and the Floorliners, unless there was a severe redesign in the Floorliner between 2008 and now, they will fit without any trimming or cutting.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
snowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of light

snowmansgarage's Tacoma Gallery
I recently put a set in my '06 and I'm very happy with the protection and fitment. Trimming for the clutch pedal took about 2 minutes...here's what I did:

Old 03-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Mine never required any trimming. I think I have the redesigned version of Snowman's.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
my first accessory for my 2009 acc. cab was the weathertechs. i pulled out the stock mats from day one and put the Weather techs in. Clutch pedal will get stuck behind it, so trimming is a must . super easy to cut through. i put the clutch to the floor and used a utility knife and cut about an extra 1/2 inch around the clutch . so if the mats moves a little you wont get the clutch caught on it. Best investment ever IMO.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
michael2468 is on a distinguished road
Army: SP4
michael2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
my first accessory for my 2009 acc. cab was the weathertechs. i pulled out the stock mats from day one and put the Weather techs in. Clutch pedal will get stuck behind it, so trimming is a must . super easy to cut through. i put the clutch to the floor and used a utility knife and cut about an extra 1/2 inch around the clutch . so if the mats moves a little you wont get the clutch caught on it. Best investment ever IMO.
Our the stock floor mats that say tacoma on them supposed to be removed prior to instaling the weathertech mats. Or can you leave them in or and I just a dumb A**
Old 04-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #7
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael2468 View Post
Our the stock floor mats that say tacoma on them supposed to be removed prior to instaling the weathertech mats. Or can you leave them in or and I just a dumb A**
Yes you need to pull out the factory mats prior to installing the Weathertechs.