Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pics of my truck with Icons, 5100 rears, 17x8 mojave Teflons, and 275/70/17 goodyears

Old 03-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of my truck with Icons, 5100 rears, 17x8 mojave Teflons, and 275/70/17 goodyears

Pics of whole truck, i am sure the front will settle in a few hundred miles. I wil then make some final adjustments and get it aligned, but I am going to wait about 1000 miles which will take me about 2 weeks.

Passenger side coilover:

driver side coilover:

5100 rear shock:

The other thing I noticed, even though I only lifted the truck 2 inches the passenger front tire looks like it has a decent amount of positive camber, while the driver side looks pretty straight. i find this weird since I lifted the driver side more. You would figure that because the driver side was lifted more it would be affected more than the side that wasnt lifted as much.

Any comments please....
Old 03-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
The 5100s are a lot stiffer on compression than the OME rear shocks. The icons ride a little smoother and they have phenominal damping and rebound settings.
The OME is a great setup, but I like the ICONS and 5100s better, but others may like OME better it is all a matter of preference and your uses. These 5100s are great shocks, I just wish Icon made a rear shock that didnt ahve a resi. I don't think it looks real balanced having a rear resi without a front resi. I wish the FJ ICONS rear shocks fit out Tacomas, but I have heard from several sources that they will not, can anyone confirm that?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
looks great. You should set it a little higher though
Why would you set it higher? The front is already about 3/8-1/2 inch higher than the rear. I want them to be dead level maybe 1/4 inch higher up front, no more. I do not want any unnecessary fender gap either. I think it is the perfect height, not a pain in the ass to get in and out of and the tires fill the wheel wells perfectly. Also I am using stock UCA and I definately don't want to go over 2 inches with them.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Looks good, Nice work!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
looks awesome
Old 03-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
Why would you set it higher? The front is already about 3/8-1/2 inch higher than the rear. I want them to be dead level maybe 1/4 inch higher up front, no more. I do not want any unnecessary fender gap either. I think it is the perfect height, not a pain in the ass to get in and out of and the tires fill the wheel wells perfectly. Also I am using stock UCA and I definately don't want to go over 2 inches with them.
Well if you are planning on getting new UCA's you could adjust it higher. It just doesnt seem that lifted. You don't have an aal either huh? You should talk to dtrujillo. He bought those coilovers too.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You say there is a difference in camber.....Has it been aligned yet?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
No I am waiting for the springs to settle before I get it aligned as stated in the original post. My question was why there is negative camber on the side that was not lifted as high when the side that was lifted higher does not appear to have negative camber. This means that as teh suspension cycles the alignment of course changes, but those changes are not the same on each side. Doesn't seem real balanced if you ask me. I know it isn't a high performance sports car, but you would think that if the camber was affected by 1 degree lifting the truck 1 inch on the driver side, it would affect the passenger the same 1 degree, but this is apparently not the case.

I have noticed that these coils did not settle anymore after driving around today. I wonder how much more settling I will get out of these, I would like to be able to set them and align it ASAP since these damn tires are not cheap.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
BTW...thanks for the OME setup! How do you like the comparison?

I take it you received them, good. I noticed that they tried to deliver them but you weren't home to sign. When are you going to install them, I want to see pics when you do.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #12
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
I take it you received them, good. I noticed that they tried to deliver them but you weren't home to sign. When are you going to install them, I want to see pics when you do.
They delivered them yesterday at 8am but i was still sleeping lol. And i can't go pick them up at the location because they are closed. So I have to wait until they drop it off Tuesday. My fault. I will post lots of pictures. I will probably start a thread on my build since I have done some minor mods already and I have more in store. I will install the lift and then see whether or not if I need an aal in the rear. I have the tsb done so i'll see.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #13
I think with the TSB you should be fine.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I would allign your truck alot quicker than that, i dont think they will settle like you think they will.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I would allign your truck alot quicker than that, i dont think they will settle like you think they will.
Do you have Icons? How long does it take for them to COMPLETELY SETTLE? If they aren't going to settle more, which I don't think they have much to do if they are. I am going to lower my front end another turn on the adjustment collar because the front is just under 1/2 higher than the front and I want it dead level, maybe 1/4 inch higher up front. I will drive it for another week and get it aligned. That will be at least 400 more miles on the odometer.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #18
I am starting to see the slightest of wear on the outter edge of the passenger tire. I am still going to wait though and do a rotation when once it gets aligned. I just don't want to hve to do anything more than once.