Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ignition key ring light?? Possible?

Old 03-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Ignition key ring light?? Possible?

Hi,
I wondering any one make the ignition key ring light mod?
Everytime when I jump on to the Tacoma at night, it is hard to see the ignition key ring, any idea??
Please help.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
ianham is on a distinguished road
ianham's Tacoma Gallery
Our 04 Sienna has a illuminated ring around the ignition, seems weird that they wouldn't have the same feature in the Tacoma.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
bass mechanic has a spectacular aura aboutbass mechanic has a spectacular aura about
bass mechanic's Tacoma Gallery
if you put a little fur around the key hole theres a much better chance of finding it in the dark!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass mechanic View Post
if you put a little fur around the key hole theres a much better chance of finding it in the dark!

ZING!!! lol
Old 03-16-2009, 04:25 AM   #6
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Thanks for this great idea!!!! hhaaaaaaaaaaa
But I find it in this forum, it will cost me about 75.00 for the parts and some time to get it work.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:55 AM   #7
txusa03 is on a distinguished road
txusa03's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe there is a paint you can buy that glow in the dark, like the stuff found on watches. This should be cheaper then retrofiting a light source. Me think.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass mechanic View Post
perv

hahahah
Old 03-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #9
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
do what i do and leave the keys in it
Old 03-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #10
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
from cali you need to hit I-40 and drive about a day so come on over watch the dog when you get here
Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I guess my truck's different from the OP's. My ignition is in the same spot every time. I don't need a light to track it.

JK....
Old 04-04-2010, 06:47 AM   #12
mach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
mach1man001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
Hi,
I wondering any one make the ignition key ring light mod?
Everytime when I jump on to the Tacoma at night, it is hard to see the ignition key ring, any idea??
Please help.

Did you ever get this done? I have always wondered why this is not in the tacoma from the factory like all the other toyota models. Back in the day a freind had a 80's something celica gt and it had this and lights on the doors when opened.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #13
2010SWB is on a distinguished road
2010SWB's Tacoma Gallery
why dont you get a white led or whatever color you want and drill a hole in the plastic by the ingition so when u open door to get in the light comes on and bam you can find the hole. wire it in with the dome light feed.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #16
Disorderly is on a distinguished road
Disorderly's Tacoma Gallery
Dome light works for me.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:35 AM   #17
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillytaco View Post
do what i do and leave the keys in it
LMFAO!!! "You motorboatin sombitch you!"
Old 04-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #18

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
Did you ever get this done? I have always wondered why this is not in the tacoma from the factory like all the other toyota models. Back in the day a freind had a 80's something celica gt and it had this and lights on the doors when opened.
I do get this done, I see the RAV4 09 have this function, so I install a LED ring right around the key hole, and wiring it to the doom light.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #19
LILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Salty Basterd
Name: Mitch
LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SWB View Post
and bam you can find the hole.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #20
flpumc is on a distinguished road
Name: Frankie
flpumc's Tacoma Gallery
Ignition Key Light

Toyota seems to shortchange it's trucks in ways that ought not be. Esp with the base models. My suggestion on the ignition light is to simply leave the door a jar until you find the ignition switch and insert the key. Another way might be to get a small stick on ... push on and off mini light and place it so you can see the ignition area well. Once the key is in, you can push the little light off. That's what I'm thinking of doing to mine. Simple and small with easy change out cell battery.