1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No bump stops

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FloTaco, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Nov 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    FloTaco

FloTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR DC 4X4
    So I just realized my mechanic didnt re-install my factory bump stops, probably because my Allpro leaf spring flip kit doesn't have holes for my factory bump stops..... Allpro didn't bother to mention that's an option which they supply. So I just ordered these and am wondering how you guys would mount them? Tack weld to the top of the flip kit plates or drill a hole in the strike plate area of the frame and mount them facing downward?

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspen...TF8&qid=1385349314&sr=8-6&keywords=Bump+stops

2. Nov 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    Spencer

Spencer Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    Those might be cheaper, but if you got the allpro flip kit... just call and get their bump stops and make them ship free, or give you another set of U bolts for free or something. You'll spend more time trying to tack weld something like that on after you bust it off once, or it rusts out.. or or or.. I say just do it right. Currently running into problems like this on my rear spring setup so I know how ya feel. Also, drive slow until you get it installed. your shocks wont be happy doing your bump-stopping for you until then.

3. Nov 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    FloTaco

FloTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR DC 4X4
    I'll give them a call and get the right top plates, but aren't our stock bump stops a little too short? I have the standard 3" leaf pack and Bilstein 5100 RCD.

There's no way the rear would bottom out on normal street driving right?

4. Nov 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    aaronbuell

aaronbuell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    windsor NY
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD/OR Access Cab V6 debadged
    Fog-light anytime mod, ,black grill,URD short throw,TRD decals removed ,debadged,black rear bumper, homemade tire carrier,TreadWright tires,Evo mod,removed rear headrests and seats,ABS kill switch mod,black center caps,Clarion CX501 head unit,Relentless hood brackets with floodlights.
    Bump stops are for when you are loaded if you are unloaded and are hitting the bump stops you have problems.

Products Discussed in

To Top