1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Slow speed hit to the rear of my truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Glamis, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Nov 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    Glamis

Glamis [OP] date joined 03-18-2009 this is my new ID

Member:
    Anaheim & Glamis, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/LB Sport-2 Debadged
    Debadged, TRD exhaust, Devil Horns, Pop n lock, Stock wheels chromed, K&N, DRL's on/off switch, bed mat, lock & unlock beeper, Disable Seatbelt Warning Chime, 12v Cigarette lighter plug always on, 2009 LED Brake lights, TSP springs, Fire Stone Ride Air springs.
    So I got hit wile stopped in traffic on Tuesday about 5/10 mhp by a jeta. The trailer hitch took most of the blow and just tweaked the bumper. Car that hit me mostly went under the hitch. I'm looking for the parts list for the hitch and bummer. The frame looks fine, I think it my have bent the hitch. How soft are the hitch bars?

My old Tahoe got hit in the same place and bent the hitch but think is was a much harder blow. I was not in the car for that one.

2. Nov 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    Socalduckslayer

Socalduckslayer Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    San Diego, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma
    Odds and Ends
    I have a bumper and hitch sitting in the garage if interested.

3. Nov 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    Glamis

Glamis [OP] date joined 03-18-2009 this is my new ID

Member:
    Anaheim & Glamis, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/LB Sport-2 Debadged
    Debadged, TRD exhaust, Devil Horns, Pop n lock, Stock wheels chromed, K&N, DRL's on/off switch, bed mat, lock & unlock beeper, Disable Seatbelt Warning Chime, 12v Cigarette lighter plug always on, 2009 LED Brake lights, TSP springs, Fire Stone Ride Air springs.
    My truck is no where near that bad. bumper has not even bent in to the paint. I have no time to fix it my self this time. "just bad timing" I would like not to have AAA get cheap on me and find out after i get it home the new bumper is off set by a bent hitch. Some of the small bolts that hold the plastics on snapped off. "rust and bump"

Products Discussed in

To Top